Hello Need Some Advice

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

Hello Everyone,
    I'm getting married next june in cabo san lucas and i need some advice! Where are the good places to get married at? At a private Villa or a Resort? Should I get a wedding planner? Any feedback would be great! Thank you!
    Natalie

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:08 PM

hi there and welcome!!

most opt to get married at a resort just because it is easier especially if you have a larger group. But Leigh did get married at a private villa and it was beautiful.

if you decide villa, you will most like need a WC. if you go resort, most of the larger ones have an onsite WC so you may not need one.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:15 PM

I agree with Tammy, it really depends on the size of your wedding. We are getting married on Pedregal beach but they only allow up to 15 at that location.

#4 Jennifer

Jennifer
      • 218 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

Welcome! A lot of girls are here have or are going to Cabo and I bet they can help you.

#5 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:40 PM

Hey Natalie,

Can you tell us more about your wedding wants? How many people? What do you picture when you think of your dream wedding? Have you seen any hotels that have caught your eye? If you can give us all the specifics you can, I am sure we can help!

#6 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

Well we are expecting around 50 people. I have been looking at Dreams. I want to keep the price between 10k-15k if possible. I just don't really know where to start at. I submitted a request to Dreams to see if either date was available, so we will see about that. I want to send out a letter to everyone who we are inviting to see who is interested in coming but I would like to have some prices for them on rooms and air fare. It is only 9 months away and I know I have alot to plan.Also, for the bridesmaids and groomsmen did you guys pay for a couple of nights for them or what did you do for them? I want a pretty simple wedding overall. Thanks for any input you might have.
            Natalie

#7 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

One more question what are the "points"? I tried looking at something and it told me I don't have enough points! Thanks
              Natalie

#8 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
              • 402 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

I just donated some points to you. I hope that helps!

We did NOT offer to pay for groomsman or bridesmaids. It's really up to you though. We mailed out save the dates and then e-mailed a letter about room block prices, etc.
                MariaElena - 10/28/06
                Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#9 Jackie

Jackie
                • 2,290 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Natalie M
                  Well we are expecting around 50 people. I have been looking at Dreams. I want to keep the price between 10k-15k if possible. I just don't really know where to start at. I submitted a request to Dreams to see if either date was available, so we will see about that. I want to send out a letter to everyone who we are inviting to see who is interested in coming but I would like to have some prices for them on rooms and air fare. It is only 9 months away and I know I have alot to plan.Also, for the bridesmaids and groomsmen did you guys pay for a couple of nights for them or what did you do for them? I want a pretty simple wedding overall. Thanks for any input you might have.
                  Natalie
                  Hello Natalie,
                  I'm planning on a May 2008 wedding and am also considering Dreams. It sounds like a great resort and it looks absolutly gorgeous. And many of the brides on this site had their wedding there, including the host Tammy who has pictures up in many places around here...and there buetiful pics. I havent hear a bad thing about it yet. Good Luck.
                  Jackie
                  My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#10 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                  • VIP Member
                  • 931 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hi Natalie and welcome. I think that since you have an estimated guest list count and budget, the next move is to figure out what events you want to host. All-inclusives are very popular on this board because they allow you to host multiple events at a much lower cost than say, doing all of the events at separate venues (which is what we're doing.)

there are loads of options out there and everyone here is very helpful, so ask away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users