Vampire Diaries

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

I'm still watching. I LOVE it. I thought my DVR missed a recording too, but I just think they skipped this week. I'm so into this series.

#32 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

I was sad it wasn't on. I kinda had a mini freak out cause our guide is always F'ed up showing shows at the wrong times, etc. I had to google to ensure it wasn't really on.

However, I went out and bought 4 of the books with a gift card. I started it last night. I'm liking it but the character of Elena is so different!
      Happily married since 2008

#33 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Different in what way? I definitely won't read the books because I already have like 10 books on my shelf I haven't cracked open yet.

#34 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

She's really full of herself in the books. She is continually looking at herself in the mirror and thinking she is so beautiful. She's also the "queen" of the high school- the most beautiful, desirable girl and apparently she knows it. She's a maneater and wants Stefan so she can "conquer" him because he keeps turning her down. Granted I'm at pg 50, but so far she seems like a huge bitch.

The TV version of her is MUCH more likeable. However, I'm digging the style of writing. It's a little more of a mature read- for teen lit that is. I don't feel as dorky liking it like Twilight or House of Night.
          Happily married since 2008

#35 Jessica

Jessica
          • VIP Member
          • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

Ahh, yeah, that doesn't sound likable at all. I like the tv version of Elena so I'm glad they didn't make her like the book version. That description does kind of sound like Katherine though.... and BTW I was not expecting the reveal about Katherine (Catherine?) being the one who turned the boys. I am interested to see vampire Vicky (is that her name? the druggie girl) though!

#36 CrystalM

CrystalM
            • 829 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

I read the first 2 books in high school and couldn't continue reading them. Elena in the books continues to be narcissistic through the first and possibly the second, I don't remember. I hope they don't follow the books - they get a little weird from what I've heard, like Elena turns into a spirit .

I do love the TV show, I'm glad they got rid of the corny fog and stuff! My fiance even watches it - I love that it's darker than everything else on TV (not including supernatural)
              I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#37 bride2010

bride2010
              • 424 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:51 AM

I can't believe I just found this thread. I LOVE this show. I didn't think I would at first, but I was hooked after the pilot and have been following it ever since. I agree. I do like it because it's a little darker than other series' on tv. I didn't expect that at all. Bummer that this week was a repeat. Can't wait til the next episode!
                http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
                26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#38 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

I read the first 2 books when they came out but now I want to read them again! I don't remember much from 10 years ago! LOL

I do remember Elena being a mean girl though.

The author, LJ Smith has restarted the series. One book is out now and the other is due in March, I think.

Great idea about the GC, Rach. I have one to borders that I totally forgot about!

#39 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

I am still watching as well. I was super bummed that it was a rerun this week.

#40 silverangel

silverangel
                    • 216 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

And another re-run this week But I LOVE how they are straying from the books...it makes it more exciting not knowing exactly what's going to happen...like the twilight movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users