Vote for your destination!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#11 Debs

• VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

We chose the Dominican because we know tons of people who have been there and love it.

It's so funny. I'm on a few Canadian boards and we are crazy about the Dominican! On this (mostly) American board, you guys are crazy for Cabo! It's interesting!

#12 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:15 PM

We chose the Mayan mainly because we wanted to get married somewhere we had been before and were familiar with. We didn't want to get to our destination and be surprised ya know?

#13 lambert13

• 901 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

We chose the Riviera Maya and more specifically because we fell inlove with Tulum. Since we wanted to do an all-inclusive for our DW, Dreams Tulum is as close as we can be to Tulum and still have AI. I am still lobbying with Karen to try to stay in an eco-cabana on the beach at Tulum for a few days while we are down there. There is just something so romantic, relaxing and centering about staying in a cabana on the beach with no electric, no TV, no noises except for the ocean. I might be able to get my way for a few days.

#14 Debs

• VIP Member
        • 7,104 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

That sounds incredibly romantic!!

#15 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

Our wedding is in Puerto Vallarta at Las Caletas.

We fell in love with PV walking through the cobblestone streets in the moonlight, it is so romantic! We went to dinner at Las Caletas one night and the boat coming and going was like a club and the jungle scenery along the coast was breathtaking. After dinner we lounged in hammocks on the beach and watched the stars.

There are no roads to Las Caletas so it was super quiet, it really felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. We wished our friends/family could be there to see how beautiful it was. Then we found out they do weddings and it was a wrap!

#16 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

Well, we're choosing Cabo because everyone on this forum pretty much convinced me of it - what a great place!! Plus, we can go there during hurricane season without checking weather warnings every day! I also fell in complete love with the Dreams gazebo.
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#17 JulieG

• VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

We chose Cuba cause its a beautiful country with lots to do. My first choice, as many of you know was Costa Rica. If it were not for the flight issues, that is where we would be going. Then Panama, cause I hear its amazing, but again, flight issues. So, choice number 3 was Cuba. I love it there, been to Varaderro 2 times in the past, never Holguin, where we are getting married, but I hear its the most beautiful place in all of Cuba. I can't wait.

#18 starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:59 AM

Julie I think Cuba is a great choice, I've personally never heard of a destination wedding there. Very unique!

#19 Debs

• VIP Member
                  • 7,104 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

I don't think many Americans have Cuba high on their list

Jules, my girlfriend got married there 3 years ago and although I didn't go, she said it was absolutely amazing!!!!!

#20 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

We are getting married in Costa Rica. We chose this destination because 1. We love Costa Rica and are all about rainforest and tropical weather 2. We wanted a small wedding 3. We could afford the destination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users