Sign in to follow this  
TheFutureMrs.Sears

How long is your Reception?

I'm getting married at the Paradisus Punta Cana and the amount of time that is included with the privatization of restaurants is 3 hours. If you want more time you have to pay per person.

Has anyone had a 3 hour reception? Is sounds like it would not be enough time.

Thanks,

Jessica

Congrats Jessica and good luck with all your plans. I agree with you that 3 hours sounds like it might be a bit rushed. Depending on how much everyone enjoys the party, it might keep rocking till the wee hours if it could.........have a great one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleswrld View Post
You can always go to the nightclub if it's more of the dancing you want :-)
That's actually what the WC said...either go to a bar or go to the club haha or both.

But I'm wondering if the events of the reception are going to be rushed..ie, dinner, cutting of the cake, bouquet and garter toss..things like that.

Ours is from 6-10. We would prob go longer but we are doing it outside and the music has to be off by then. We just plan on going to the resort club after.

I think it would be fine if you did all that stuff together and then just saved the dancing for later.

I ran into this same issue at Dreams. We are bringing in our own DJ, too - but they said it was because they had to keep the location private for the extra hour(s) and provide bar service, etc. for our private event. We are planning on approximately 100 guests and the $10 per person per hour seems steep. However, I didn't want it rushed either. We decided to have our dinner/reception/dance from 6-10 and pay for the extra hour...then move it to the onsite nightclub (which doesn't open until 10:30 anyways). It is a personal preference, but I figured it was a once in a lifetime event and I am going to find a way to scrounge up the extra. Totally up to you, though! Good luck!

Our reception was from 7-11... Dinner took about an hour and the cake cutting and bouquet throwing only took about 10-15 minutes each. You might be so exhausted (I know I was) that 3 hours may be the perfect amount for you. If not, as others have said, you can always head to a club after the reception if you want a bit more dancing time :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamourina View Post
Our reception was from 7-11... Dinner took about an hour and the cake cutting and bouquet throwing only took about 10-15 minutes each. You might be so exhausted (I know I was) that 3 hours may be the perfect amount for you. If not, as others have said, you can always head to a club after the reception if you want a bit more dancing time :)

I noticed you got married at PPC. May I ask where you had your reception and how many people you had.

We're getting married off the resort, and have only been allotted 2hrs for our reception. At first, I really freaked out, but when I sat down and planned a minute-by-minute itinerary of the reception, it doesn't seem so bad. We're not doing garter toss, and we're doing our cake cutting earlier in the day. We're also limiting our speeches...so 2hrs is basically for eating, socializing and a couple of speeches. We're bringing the party back to the resort, and plan to keep things going at the bar/disco. But as the other girls said, I guess it depends on what your expectations are for your reception...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFutureMrs.Sears View Post
I noticed you got married at PPC. May I ask where you had your reception and how many people you had.
I had my reception at the Convention terrace. It was a nice, quiet area for my 20 guests but it was really too hot, even late in the evening. If I could go back and change it I would have had my reception on the beach (awesome breeze there!) or in an airconditioned area. Mind you, my wedding was in August which I think is much hotter than other months.... Hope this helps :)