Photo

4 months until Christmas

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

ahhh all you party poopers!! (except for you of course Geralyn, so sorry to hear about your dad)

actually it'll be a really small christmas for us this year, but I still enjoy all the surrounding activities!!

#12 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

Yay Christmas!!!! Even better because this year will be Christmas with MY family! Last year Christmas didn't even feel like Christmas because I was with the ILs. I've had a two-year build up.

Oh... this is sad... it's 90 degrees out and now I'm thinking about decorating my house and playing Christmas carols!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#13 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

LISA! I want to punch you in the face for even mentioning xmas! (j/k I you). But seriously.... xmas = winter which = SNOW, which I HATE!! I know... a Canadian that hates snow, doesn't make much sense. But I feel like the summer flew by and the weather was crap and I didn't get to enjoy it

But since you've mentioned it....... I love gifts. I'm like a little kid except that I also love to give gifts.
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#14 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Nicole~
        LISA! I want to punch you in the face for even mentioning xmas! (j/k I you). But seriously.... xmas = winter which = SNOW, which I HATE!! I know... a Canadian that hates snow, doesn't make much sense. But I feel like the summer flew by and the weather was crap and I didn't get to enjoy it

But since you've mentioned it....... I love gifts. I'm like a little kid except that I also love to give gifts.
        I totally second Nikki's comments! (except I am not canadian but I do HATE SNOW!)

seriously I can't even think about it for at least a good 3 more months! :)

#15 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

lol I'm so glad that I've been able to make a lot of you ladies happy with my Christmas comments!!!!

I personally don't adore snow. I only like it when I don't have to drive in it! lol

#16 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

I only love snow on xmas day. I remember when we had a green xmas and I was like WTF? This doesn't feel right lol.
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#17 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

christmas day and christmas eve are my only "must have" snow days!

#18 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

Since DH and I don't live close to our families & he works most Christmas's I have decided I am no longer celebrating Christmas until we have kids!! I was alone for the first time last Christmas (DH was working day shift) and it SUCKS!!! Just me and the dog hanging out cooking a turkey! I think DH is off this Christmas, but not for long enough that we can go home.

I'm so sorry Geralyn. It will definitely be hard - it was for me. I decided that the first year after my step-dad passed away to change up Christmas so we weren't doing the same routine just without him there. This, I think, made it a bit easier. At least EVERYTHING was different, just not his lack of being there. Anyway you can do that? Have a Christmas at another relatives house/city/country

#19 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Nicole~
                  I only love snow on xmas day. I remember when we had a green xmas and I was like WTF? This doesn't feel right lol.
                  Ohhhh...I TOTALLY agree with you!!!

#20 autjo

autjo
                  • 2,182 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

Great post Lisa :o)

I live in Phoenix so snow is a total novelty to me... love to snowboard and visit it, but honestly I wouldn't have a clue what to do if I lived in it!

Christmas this year will be mine and FI's first as a married couple. Yea!

I'm with Becks - I am thinking about where to put my Christmas tree and it is hot hot hot here today. I am chuckling thinking about the tree because I bought a 13 foot red tree after Christmas last year and can't wait to see it all decorated.

Geralyn - Sadness about your dad, but we are all here for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users