Photo

No Gifts

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

The problem with saying "no gifts" on the invitation is that some people will automatically assume that's your way of asking for cash instead.  We're getting around that by not mentioning anything regarding gifts on our invitation... and on our website where we can be a bit more wordy, we've included a little note asking for no gifts, that the time & money involved in coming to our wedding is more than enough, blah blah

#22 georgiasl

georgiasl
    • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

We were just talking about this today. I was also wondering if it was ok to tell everyone that we do not want any gifts.

#23 sosodj

sosodj
      • 199 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

You can just say that your presence is your gift to us

#24 tkuzma

tkuzma
        • 418 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Another way to go is to not include anything about gifts,registries, etc.  And when people start to ask have your bridal party/family inform them that you do not want people to buy you a gift.

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#25 Branya2012

Branya2012
        • 200 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't think it's in poor taste at all! We do not want gifts either, and just didn't mention them on the invitation or save the date except to say "your preseence is your gift to us, whether in person or in spirit" or something like that. If some asks if we are registered, I just tell them we are not registered and their love and support is all we need!

I did ask my mom to put on my bridal shower invites something about no gifts though. I didn't really want a shower in the first place, so I wanted it to be clear that I do not want gifts. Although I'm sure some people won't listen but there's nothing I can do about that!

What did you decide Brenners??

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#26 tiffles24

tiffles24
          • 151 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

We are going on cruise for wedding and we also dont want gifts. So we are trying to come up with a way of telling are guest.

#27 mormac01

mormac01
            • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I agree with the ask for no gifts

#28 allynanny

allynanny
              • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Saying Please not gifts! Not rude at all. Perhaps ask for a donation in your name to your favorite charity of non profit.

#29 ironman

ironman
                • 320 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

We're planning on mailing something to only the guests who will be attending our DW a few weeks in advance (travel info, perhaps a luggage tag?). I think we might put something in this info just for the people who are attending that their presence at the wedding is the best gift we could receive. Will have to play around with the wording though to get it just right.

I wouldn't personally put anything about gifts on the invitation themselves. Perhaps if you have a wedding website you could put it on there though?

#30 Kasey04

Kasey04
                  • 151 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

We're planning on mailing something to only the guests who will be attending our DW a few weeks in advance (travel info, perhaps a luggage tag?). I think we might put something in this info just for the people who are attending that their presence at the wedding is the best gift we could receive. Will have to play around with the wording though to get it just right.

I wouldn't personally put anything about gifts on the invitation themselves. Perhaps if you have a wedding website you could put it on there though?

I agree, I don't think it's rude to ask for no gifts, but I would put it on your website, or even a shower invitation, but it might look a little tacky to put it on the actual wedding invite. With that being said, I hate all these silly rules about how things should be worded, what's considered rude or tacky, wedding etiquette is overwhelming and frustrating and times! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users