Photo

No Gifts

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Brenners

Brenners
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Is it in poor taste to put in the invitations that you do not want gifts? We have most things we would want and feel that if anyone wants to do something for us, they could give to a favorite charity instead. Also, with people paying to attend the DW, we feel that it would really be asking for too much to expect any gifts. Any advice?

#2 Glamourina

Glamourina
    • 198 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

I think it's perfectly okay to mention that you do not want gifts on your invitation.. You could write something like "Your presence at our wedding is the only gift we hope to receive from you.." etc If people still want to give you a gift then they'll ask and you can direct them to your fave charity :)

#3 meghan

meghan
      • 832 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

I dont think that is rude at all. People will probably appreciate it. And if they really want to get you a gift, they will anyway.

#4 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
        • 291 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

I agree with Meghan, doesn't matter what you write, people will do what they want in the end anyway! :)

I dont think it is rude at all after all people are paying just to go to our weddings!

#5 AnnaC

AnnaC
          • 91 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

We didn't put it on the invitation but spread the word verbally through friends and family. We have everything we need and everyone is already spending enough to come to our wedding.

#6 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
            • 427 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

I think it's your wedding and you should do as you want. I don't think that people would be mind if you stated no gifts on your invitation.

Jess

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

While some people say you shouldn't mention gifts at all in your invitations, I think since you DON'T want gifts, if might be okay to put something in small, tasteful print...hope that helps!

#8 Lashawn

Lashawn
                • Banned
                • 156 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:03 AM

And if they give you some anyway, I will PM you my address and you can send them to me

#9 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
                  • 299 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

I hope its not in poor taste, we don't want any either. Besides, I need something for my Xmas list, right?

#10 cathleen10

cathleen10
                    • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

We decided that we do not need or want anything and that our guests presence is enough. We used the line 'your presence is our gift' in both the save the dates and the invitation. We are having a reception when we return and on those invitations we have provided charity options if people feel compelled to give a gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users