Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#971 MRhoades0219

MRhoades0219
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

This is a question to all the past MP brides….

How was the blood-draw? I work in a hospital....so I am just wondering how well it went down there. I would say of everything, this is what I am most worried about. I don’t mind giving blood at all….but I’m a little worried about giving it in Mexico!

#972 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
    • 310 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MRhoades0219

How was the blood-draw? I work in a hospital....so I am just wondering how well it went down there. I would say of everything, this is what I am most worried about. I don’t mind giving blood at all….but I’m a little worried about giving it in Mexico!
      That was my concern too, so I am getting married back home first and having a symbolic ceremony there!
      24 Rooms Booked!

#973 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
      • 310 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

I am trying to decide on what type of fabric to order for my sashes..
        SATIN or ORGANZA?

Does one wrinkle more than the other?!!? I am assuming Satin with wrinkle more.
        24 Rooms Booked!

#974 CancunBride71010

CancunBride71010
        • 180 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

I'm thinking the satin would wrinkle more. Organza is a bit stiffer than satin.

#975 Janelley100

Janelley100
          • 297 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MRhoades0219

I cannot speak from my own experience.....but friends of ours got legally married at Moon Palace 2-3 years ago. They had their blood drawn at the little medical office. This was what they told us, "We were taken to a medical office with two other couples getting married either the same day or the day after us. The office was more like a big room with a fabric screen for some privacy...not individual rooms for each couple. They drew the blood with a blood draw needle/syringe, and then "squirted" the blood into a vial. Not like in the US where the lab guy draws your blood into a vacutainer or inserts the needle into a vacutainer to eject the blood into. They literalyl squirted the blood into an open vial, capped it and labeled it. We were then let go when we were done."

Doesn't sound exactly sanitary, but I haven't heard anyone on here complain about the process. Since I will technically be getting married less than a full year from the date my divorce was finalized (it took FOREVER to get my divorce finalized)......I would have to take a pregnancy test on top of the blood test.....COME ON PEOPLE.....I have three kids and a tubal!!! LOL Ain't no more babies coming out of here! LOL

Seriously, we decided to get leglly hitched in the states because it cost us $35 instead of like $500+.....and no one knows the wiser except us! :) Our friends did it down there and they wouldn't have had it any other way....so to each their own. Whatever makes you happy!

#976 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
            • 436 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Janelley100
              I cannot speak from my own experience.....but friends of ours got legally married at Moon Palace 2-3 years ago. They had their blood drawn at the little medical office. This was what they told us, "We were taken to a medical office with two other couples getting married either the same day or the day after us. The office was more like a big room with a fabric screen for some privacy...not individual rooms for each couple. They drew the blood with a blood draw needle/syringe, and then "squirted" the blood into a vial. Not like in the US where the lab guy draws your blood into a vacutainer or inserts the needle into a vacutainer to eject the blood into. They literalyl squirted the blood into an open vial, capped it and labeled it. We were then let go when we were done."

Doesn't sound exactly sanitary, but I haven't heard anyone on here complain about the process. Since I will technically be getting married less than a full year from the date my divorce was finalized (it took FOREVER to get my divorce finalized)......I would have to take a pregnancy test on top of the blood test.....COME ON PEOPLE.....I have three kids and a tubal!!! LOL Ain't no more babies coming out of here! LOL

Seriously, we decided to get leglly hitched in the states because it cost us $35 instead of like $500+.....and no one knows the wiser except us! :) Our friends did it down there and they wouldn't have had it any other way....so to each their own. Whatever makes you happy!

We just got married here in the states as well for the exact same reason...

#977 MRhoades0219

MRhoades0219
              • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Just wanted to post a picture of my save the date that we sent to family and freinds. They are magnets and everyone loved them!!!

#978 ashnic2005

ashnic2005
                • 274 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

Yeh, I vote to get married in the states... A lot less hassle.
                  Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!

#979 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                  • 443 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

I saw this sand hourglass set and was thinking about doing this instead. There is a thread about it, and it looks beautiful and would be easier to transport. I already bought the frame but I am thinking about returning it to get this...

Heirloom Hourglass Wedding Unity Sand Ceremony

#980 Leigh17

Leigh17
                    • 339 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

I'm getting married in the states too. It just seems easier. If I ever have to get an official copy of my marriage license, I would much rather deal with my county government than the Mexican government.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users