Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#631 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
  • Member
  • 762 posts

    Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aj42781
    I sent a wedding proposal request over a week ago to moon palace and havent heard anything..is that a bad sign??
    No not hearing from them is pretty normal-- I am getting married in 25 days now and I finally heard from my wedding coordinator for the 4th time yesterday.

    #632 Woodsylou

    Woodsylou
    • Member
    • 545 posts

      Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

      FutureMrsMolton - have you had more satisfactory service now? do you feel a bit better about it all? i hope they have helped!

      I have a very random question.

      I use GHD's over here, but i understand the power in the USA and Mexico is different to it over here (in the UK) so i wondered, do you guys have GHD's over there? or if not, what straighteners do you girls use? i think it might be better for me to invest in some that will work over there!
      a UK bride :)

      35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

      My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

      #633 FutureMsMoulton

      FutureMsMoulton
      • Member
      • 762 posts

        Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Woodsylou
        FutureMrsMolton - have you had more satisfactory service now? do you feel a bit better about it all? i hope they have helped!

        I have a very random question.

        I use GHD's over here, but i understand the power in the USA and Mexico is different to it over here (in the UK) so i wondered, do you guys have GHD's over there? or if not, what straighteners do you girls use? i think it might be better for me to invest in some that will work over there!
        Hi Woodsylou-
        I wish I had good news for you, but at this point I am living on a prayer that when I get to cancun on the 24th they will be at thier best behavior and actually seem like they care about my wedding. I have a meeting time set up with the coordinator on Thursday at 10 am incase I have questions I have a day or two to figure them out then. I did ask about doing a rehersal dinner and where we should make our dinner reservation.... still waiting!

        Hope your wedding planning is going well. How many bridesmaids do you have? Whats your color theme? Are u doing and hands or sand ceremony? (I'm doing both)

        As for the GHD question- I would just invest in a converter that plugs in and adapts to our electric. Thats what I had to do when I went to israel & egypt and it worked out great!

        #634 Jodimichelle

        Jodimichelle
        • Jr. Member
        • 310 posts

          Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by angelalanahung
          Not long for you now! Can't wait to see your pics!! :)

          What photographer are you having?
          I think I might just use whoever they recommend.
          24 Rooms Booked!

          #635 Jodimichelle

          Jodimichelle
          • Jr. Member
          • 310 posts

            Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

            Futuremsmoulton- i am hoping things turn around for you. I am like 6 months away and i am stressing out. The only thing i have been able to be in control of....bridesmaid dresses....invitations... And my welcome bags.

            Dj's and table setting and stuff like that i assume will be arranged and discussed 4 months away (if they respond)

            again-sorry for your stresses. If you need anything that i can help you with let me know!!


            How long in advance should i order the eco flowers??

            Ps to all future brides- my fiance is a graphic designer and is currently designing our invitations, but just finished working on our welcome bags and his cousin does the screen printing. So if anyone is interested let me know!!
            24 Rooms Booked!

            #636 ashnic2005

            ashnic2005
            • Jr. Member
            • 274 posts

              Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jodimichelle
              Futuremsmoulton- i am hoping things turn around for you. I am like 6 months away and i am stressing out. The only thing i have been able to be in control of....bridesmaid dresses....invitations... And my welcome bags.

              Dj's and table setting and stuff like that i assume will be arranged and discussed 4 months away (if they respond)

              again-sorry for your stresses. If you need anything that i can help you with let me know!!


              How long in advance should i order the eco flowers??

              Ps to all future brides- my fiance is a graphic designer and is currently designing our invitations, but just finished working on our welcome bags and his cousin does the screen printing. So if anyone is interested let me know!!
              Jodi Michelle...I too am a little nervous about the music. I wish they could send you samples. I am going to bring my ipod with all the songs I like and hope it is a good DJ.

              As for the flowers I just spoke with Fly Boy Naturals- Eco Friendly today. A lot of brides have used them for the freeze dried roses. I wanted to get my flowers now because there was a really huge sale of 70% off (which has now been dropped to 50%, they usually are only 35% off). She said that they should last until my wedding in June...as long as I keep them in the recommended temperature and area. Which is best in a dark closest in my house. She said that they do not turn brown but can start to fade just a little bit...worse case scenario. Needless to say I bought 300 cups of flowers today and will store them until June. hope this helps.
              Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!
               

               


              #637 Woodsylou

              Woodsylou
              • Member
              • 545 posts

                Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:32 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
                Hi Woodsylou-
                I wish I had good news for you, but at this point I am living on a prayer that when I get to cancun on the 24th they will be at thier best behavior and actually seem like they care about my wedding. I have a meeting time set up with the coordinator on Thursday at 10 am incase I have questions I have a day or two to figure them out then. I did ask about doing a rehersal dinner and where we should make our dinner reservation.... still waiting!

                Hope your wedding planning is going well. How many bridesmaids do you have? Whats your color theme? Are u doing and hands or sand ceremony? (I'm doing both)

                As for the GHD question- I would just invest in a converter that plugs in and adapts to our electric. Thats what I had to do when I went to israel & egypt and it worked out great!

                what a shame. so you still don't have a restaurant confirmed for your dinner? how many people do you have? where do you want?

                my plans are good thanks, i've only got one adult bridesmaid coming, and two flower girls. our theme is lemon and navy. the boys are in navy suits, my big bridesmaid has a navy dress. my dress is lemon :) What about you?

                what is a hand ceremony? We're doing a sand ceremony but i don't really know too much about it. how are you doing it? who's doing the 'reading' part of it for you?

                I read that the converter still doesn't get the UK GHD's hot enough. i might just have to invest in an American paid of GHD's. do you know where i could buy some from? x
                a UK bride :)

                35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

                My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

                #638 aj42781

                aj42781
                • Newbie
                • 79 posts

                  Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

                  does moon palace charge 15 dollars a person if you want to have a group dinner in resturant or a breakfast?? Dreams does...i cant see spending all this money for all inclusive then paying 15pp to push tables together

                  #639 Woodsylou

                  Woodsylou
                  • Member
                  • 545 posts

                    Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

                    no not that i know of
                    a UK bride :)

                    35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

                    My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

                    #640 Janelley100

                    Janelley100
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 297 posts

                      Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

                      Moon Palace charges for private events (unless you qualify for free events with a group contract). They do not charge per person for reservations, but on the flip side - I don't think they take reservations at the restaurants outside of private functions and/or the one free group reservation you get with your wedding package. This is MY understanding though...I'll let others chime in.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users