Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1901 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by anabrina 

Dose anyone know do I do my negotiation for my Decor with the WC or decocancun???

I dealt directly with Decocancun.

#1902 alison15

alison15
    • 356 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

So I am back and everything was wonderful!!! I won't have time to write a review for a while so just ask me any questions and I will be happy to respond. 

As far as fees goes, I know when dealing with DecoCanucun there is a $150 set up fee, regardless of what they are doing.  At first we were only going to do candles on tables which was $105 and the $150 fee which was just stupid to put 1 candle on 7 separate tables.  We ended up getting paper lanterns and a candle step thingy added as  well, those were $300 and $200 respectively and still only $150 to set up all of it.  Sort of dumb but everything looked great.

No fees through Palace Resorts really. We were given a complimentary hospitality room to get ready in.  It was arranged through Carilis in the Miami office.  Before we left, we were charged for the room.  We decided to wait and talk to Carilis about it since we were already due a refund (for our stay since we had have 25 rooms) and that goes through the Miami office so it will be a couple of days.

Alright, ask away...

#1903 Blue&StarfishBride

Blue&StarfishBride
      • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

I am excited to hear! How many people did you have at your wedding? We are also using deco cancun for our rentals and centerpieces, I am still deciding on the centerpieces because of cost-- what did you do? Did you have your reception inside or outside?

I'd love to see pictures too!

Thanks!

131 guests booked and 54 rooms... Cancun here we come!

June 24, 2011

#1904 alison15

alison15
        • 356 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

We had 58 guests so a total of 60 with the groom and myself.  I bought turquoise organza runners from tableclothesfactory and white starfish from ebay and brought those with me.  Then I did 1 large square candle per table through decocancun.  I hate large centerpieces on round tables b/c it blocks seeing across the table so I liked this.  We had decocancun do paper lanterns surrounding the edge of the reception.  We had the reception on the Tucan Terrace.  We also did these candle step things.  It looked very nice.  The total with labor was $850 I believe. It looked amazing and was completely worth it.  My only complaint was that one string of lanterns did not stay lit. In fact, I don't know if they were ever lit. 

We did pay $180 for alter flowers during the wedding.  They then moved them to our cocktail hour (Tucan Gazebo) and then go the wedding reception by our cake table and guestbook. 

Our wedding was a catholic wedding in the Immaculate Conception Chapel, beautiful.  Father Benito was interesting...

As for pictures try this link http://www2.snapfish...rid=3265834027/  with the code word: wedding  This does have pictures of the entire week from guests so it's a lot go to through. I recommend Paul Gass's photos.  He was a friend there with a great camera and took a lot of wedding.  I will try and get mine up today but neither I nor the groom took pictures during the wedding. I think one of the groomsman had the camera. 

#1905 msjesslee

msjesslee
          • 165 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

Alison15 - did they try to charge you extra fees because you brought your own decor?

#1906 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
            • 225 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

LOVE TO SEE PHOTOS! I know you both have been planning forever, must have been beautiful!

#1907 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
              • 225 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

i brought my own ribbons and some personal decor for the chairs, etc. They didnt mind at all.

#1908 alison15

alison15
                • 356 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:30 AM

No extra fees.  They don't mind at all.  Just let them know how you want it and the WC will take care of it.

Originally Posted by msjesslee 

Alison15 - did they try to charge you extra fees because you brought your own decor?

#1909 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Alison - you were a beautiful bride. Congratulations and best wishes for a bright future.

#1910 Chris-2011

Chris-2011
                    • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm new the the forum and still shopping around for a resort and having a very hard time deciding!

I love the palace resorts, but my big question is: if you have a private reception does the $400 per table you're charged include food/drinks or is the meal and bar charged extra? I've spent hours hunting around to find this answer and I can't seem to figure it out. It seems at a lot of hotels you're charge per head or per table for the set up, and then you need to bay $40-$60 per person for the meal.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users