Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1821 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Thank you for all this great info.  Its very helpful!!

So how was the music for the reception?  We want to do an ipod.  Is that possible??  Or does it have to be all CDs?

I am planning on Aventura Spa/Cove but I figured most things are the same across all resorts.

TIA

#1822 alison15

alison15
    • 356 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:50 AM

You can do an Ipod for the reception but you do have to rent speakers.  There are 2 companies Palace resorts uses for this.  It is around $400 for speaker, microphone for 4 hours.  They have packages with a DJ which are more or you can add lighting. 

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Thank you for all this great info.  Its very helpful!!

So how was the music for the reception?  We want to do an ipod.  Is that possible??  Or does it have to be all CDs?

I am planning on Aventura Spa/Cove but I figured most things are the same across all resorts.

TIA

#1823 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the info.  Still waiting to even hear from the resort on the date.  But knowing all this stuff up front is so helpful!!

Originally Posted by alison15 

You can do an Ipod for the reception but you do have to rent speakers.  There are 2 companies Palace resorts uses for this.  It is around $400 for speaker, microphone for 4 hours.  They have packages with a DJ which are more or you can add lighting. 

#1824 Corporate40

Corporate40
        • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jodimichelle 

I had my reception and ceremony outdoors. It was just gorgeous. My ceremony took place on the beach and the reception was on the Tucan Terrace and Garden! My WC was Angelica and I absolutely LOVED her!  We stayed at Sunrise and everyone loved our section! It was a movre active section compared to Nuzic. 

I'm thinking of having my ceremony at the Tucan Gazebo, and my cocktail hour/reception at the Tucan Terrace & Garden like you.  Could you send me pictures from your event so I can see how it was set up?

#1825 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
          • 186 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

Has anyone heard of or read of anyone doing something instead of the traditional dance following supper?  We aren't really into dancing.  I was thinking of planning  a pool party instead. Is that weird? Thoughts?!?!

#1826 alison15

alison15
            • 356 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:07 AM

I think that would really depend on the time of your wedding.  I think that the pools close at dark.  At least when I was there, no one was in them after dark that I can recall.  But maybe I just didn't notice.

Originally Posted by shelbygirl 

Has anyone heard of or read of anyone doing something instead of the traditional dance following supper?  We aren't really into dancing.  I was thinking of planning  a pool party instead. Is that weird? Thoughts?!?!

#1827 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
              • 186 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

We are getting married at 4pm. Thanks for your thoughts.  I never thought about the pool closing at dark. I will have to wait and talk to my wc when the time gets closer. Thanks!

#1828 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

Did anyone set up the mypalaceresortswedding website? Would you care to share your experiences? I would like to add a link for people to reserve their rooms but don't know how.

#1829 SuzanneDurnin10

SuzanneDurnin10
                  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:40 AM

Hi I am getting married on October 6th. I am having a private function after our ceremony and music is very important. So I asked my coordinator about getting a DJ. She gave me 2 options 4 hours dj service for around $1450. I was astonished. You can get 6 hours in Dublin for â¬250.

So I point blank told her that I was not paying it and that I can get a DJ www.discomovilcancun.com

for $550 for 5 hours. So after a lot of toing and frowng she told me I could bring them in if I pay the hotel $250usd.

So it still works out a lot cheaper :-)

#1830 marta0331

marta0331
                    • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

I did the same exact thing--they were charging waaaaay too much $$ for a DJ and initially asked me to pay $250 per hour to bring in my own guy and then after some bargaining reduced it to a one time fee of $250 which is still not ideal but a lot better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users