Photo

Printer recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lolosmama

lolosmama
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hi there! Can anyone recommend a good printer for all these DIY projects I'm starting? I usually print everything out at work, but we have all black & white laser printers, and I'm going to need color. I probably want to spend under $200. Any recommendations? Thank you!

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

not sure what exactly you are printing - but vistaprint is great and inexpensive

#3 *Karla*

*Karla*
      • 4,854 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

I have had really good experiences with Epson printers. They print to most amazing photos, and color in general. It's been I while since I purchased, so I can't give you a model, but that's a place to start.

#4 autjo

autjo
        • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

I printed a bunch of stuff on my Epson CX4800 at home (luggage tags, key/tip holders, stickers). But ended up printing my invitations at Kinkos because their ink just looked like a better quality. The guys at Kinkos were super knowledgable and for some reason only charged me half price. I also tried printing at the UPS store and they sucked.

#5 lolosmama

lolosmama
          • 232 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for the info! I haven't had an inkjet printer in a long time so wasn't sure if any brands were better than others. I will definitely check on the Epsons.

I am just printing stickers, labels, etc. I got luggage tag inserts from Vista Print as well, love them!

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

oops my bad - you are looking for an actual printer...not a company who prints...sorry about that! Epsons are good and inexpensive for sure

#7 *kellis*

*kellis*
              • 330 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

I have an HP Photosmart C5550 and I love it.
                I couldn't honestly tell you how expensive they are because it was a present but I don't think they are too much. But they are perfect for all the special projects.

It has a paper tray just for photo paper, and the photos turn out soo good. It also has a function that will print images on printable cds.
                And it comes with a scanner too.

I would definitely check it out if I were you.
                http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
                (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#8 lolosmama

lolosmama
                • 232 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jess
                  oops my bad - you are looking for an actual printer...not a company who prints...sorry about that! Epsons are good and inexpensive for sure
                  No worries, I wasn't very clear in my original post!

Thanks everyone for the recs. I am shopping today!

#9 Love3

Love3
                  • 785 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi I have an Epson CX4200 and it prints pretty good. I would love to know how to print luggage tags, labels etc, you come print all of the work and I will let you use my printer lol No seriously how would I print tags, stickers etc??
                    ~Heather~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users