Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#9331 ginaf61987

ginaf61987
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 

The Wedding Day Pass is $55

And they can arrive an hour before the wedding and stay through the whole thing. Or there is a day pass. I think it's 88.oo not sure thought

#9332 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
    • 271 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by torilvv12 

They charge 60$ per week for wifi.

What about daily (hourly)??? 

Originally Posted by ginaf61987 

And they can arrive an hour before the wedding and stay through the whole thing. Or there is a day pass. I think it's 88.oo not sure thought

Thanks ladies!! I will inform all our guests... and post on our website.

#9333 Savs1027

Savs1027
      • Site Supporter
      • 458 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know about something I found out this week!

If you are using the DJ for your reception, you can actually request him to be your "technician" for your ceremony as well. It's the same price as renting the sound system ($180) but he will be the technician that comes with it. Which means you can let him know what music you want and not have to worry about bringing a CD or iPod for the ceremony! He told me that he has me down for the ceremony and all I need to do is let the resort know he's going to be the technician so they don't have someone else available for it.

I was really excited about this because he's been great to work with and I trust that he knows what he's doing when it comes to the ceremony music!

#9334 Savs1027

Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by NJ2012 

how is everyone paying for their wedding?

cash? credit card? travelers checks?

anyone paying with CC make sure your company doesn't charge international fees! I got charged a hefty fee when I paid our deposit! :-/

#9335 Savs1027

Savs1027
          • Site Supporter
          • 458 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

so I saw up there that someone said we need music for the sand ceremony....

What are y'all going to use? I hadn't even thought about this because I figured it would be very short.

So far this is what we have down for our music choices...

Seating of guests - Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillet, Lucky

Jason Mraz, I'm yours

Wedding party - Train, Marry Me

Bride entrance - Somewhere over the rainbow, Israel K.

Recessional - Colbie Caillet, I Do

We are still very torn on weddign party entrance and bride/groom entrance into the reception...

#9336 RollerBride

RollerBride
            • 204 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I just got an email from Cecilia. (evangelina --> yamina --> lorena --> cecilia?)

The signature in her email says she works at Dreams Cancun....

She is asking me if we need anything from her before our arrival....

Has anyone else heard from her also?

I think I'm just going to reply to her and ask if she has all my info, emails, etc.

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#9337 AliciaLynne

AliciaLynne
              • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 

If you are using the DJ for your reception, you can actually request him to be your "technician" for your ceremony as well. It's the same price as renting the sound system ($180) but he will be the technician that comes with it. Which means you can let him know what music you want and not have to worry about bringing a CD or iPod for the ceremony! He told me that he has me down for the ceremony and all I need to do is let the resort know he's going to be the technician so they don't have someone else available for it.

I was really excited about this because he's been great to work with and I trust that he knows what he's doing when it comes to the ceremony music!

That's good to know. Who are you using for DJ?

#9338 AliciaLynne

AliciaLynne
                • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hey ladies,

Anyone know the specific min/max # of guests for reception locations? The only ones i'm seeing on the request form are beachfront and garden. I'm curious what the #'s are for like pool terrace, pool deck, ballroom, ect.

#9339 tkb08

tkb08
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

Thanks Savs1027... this is some awesome info!

#9340 kkutnyak

kkutnyak
                    • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hello!

I am so excited, I confirmed my date today! Dreams Riviera here I come!! April 24, 2013. WooHoo!!

Anyone know what time the pool closes? My Ceremony (gondola) is at 4pm, just trying to get an idea of how crowded it is. Also wondering because my reception will be on the pool deck, but I don't want a bunch of people swimming around behind us while we are eating (lol). I saw a picture of someone's reception while they were eating and there was this large man haning over the pool staring at the wedding party with a drink in his hand! Awkward...

Also, anyone have feedback on the best location for the cocktail hour? I would prefer it to be somewhat private as well.

I am so thankful to have found this BDW.com, you are all so helpful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users