Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#541 AmandDex

AmandDex
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

    Hello everyone thanks for all the info I couldn't quit read all of it but what I did read was very helpful. Febuary is right around the corner and we are so excited. Feb. 12th 2010. So I hear a lot of talk about Ana is she someone new or is she someone you have been working with for awhile? I was talking with Claudia back and forth and as many of you may know who have worked with her it takes forever and a day to get a response. Is anyone else having that problem? Great picture's by the way they were very helpful.

    #542 xoHeavenSentxo

    xoHeavenSentxo
    • Jr. Member
    • 172 posts

      Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

      I REALLY, REALLY dislike the Gazebo!!! I want to book DRC but I am quite concerned about privacy during the wedding ceremony. My initial choice was to utilize the Gazebo wherever it is I choose to have my wedding but not at DRC!!! (I didnt want the ceremony on the beach.) And the fact that I would I probably have to walk between vacationers lounging in pool chairs doesnt sit well with me at all!!!

      I'm sad...!

      #543 Megan24

      Megan24
      • Jr. Member
      • 271 posts

        Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by xoHeavenSentxo
        I REALLY, REALLY dislike the Gazebo!!! I want to book DRC but I am quite concerned about privacy during the wedding ceremony. My initial choice was to utilize the Gazebo wherever it is I choose to have my wedding but not at DRC!!! (I didnt want the ceremony on the beach.) And the fact that I would I probably have to walk between vacationers lounging in pool chairs doesnt sit well with me at all!!!

        I'm sad...!
        I have the same concern too. I emailed Ana and she promised me that I can have my wedding move down on the beach to a more private area. If you want a gazebo to be apart of your wedding. It is not private at all. And I do not like it either. But move it down on the beach could be a option for you. Good luck!!

        #544 taranyc

        taranyc
        • Jr. Member
        • 242 posts

          Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

          Hi everyone. I was reading your posts about your guests starting to make their arrangements, etc. Did any of you work with Dreams to get a better rate for your guests...or did you take the travel agent route?

          My fiance and I are visting DRC on Dec 11th to tour the site and finalize things for our Sept. 26, 2010 wedding and a reduced rate for my wedding guests is def top on my list.

          Thank you,
          tara

          #545 Laura22610

          Laura22610
          • Jr. Member
          • 468 posts

            Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AmandDex
            Hello everyone thanks for all the info I couldn't quit read all of it but what I did read was very helpful. Febuary is right around the corner and we are so excited. Feb. 12th 2010. So I hear a lot of talk about Ana is she someone new or is she someone you have been working with for awhile? I was talking with Claudia back and forth and as many of you may know who have worked with her it takes forever and a day to get a response. Is anyone else having that problem? Great picture's by the way they were very helpful.
            Are you having your wedding at Dreams Cancun or Dreams Riviera Cancun? I think Claudia is the wedding coordinator for Dreams Cancun. Ana is the wedding coordinator for Dreams Riviera Cancun. February is right around the corner...my wedding is the 26th of Feb and I can't believe how quickly time is flying by!

            #546 Laura22610

            Laura22610
            • Jr. Member
            • 468 posts

              Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince
              Hi ladies! I've been MIA for a little bit. Work, kids, homework, coaching my daughters cheerleading squad consumes so much of my time. I'm drained, plus I had to take a break from this forum because the more I read, the more I wanted and the more I stressed myself out. I sent out STD in early September, ordered my dress last month, paid the deposit and so far 38 guests have booked. I feel good about what I've accomplished so far and I'm trying really hard not to stress out over the little stuff. Thanks to all of you for posting the information on the photographers & cocktail/reception locations. I like the pool deck the best. Has anyone had their invitations made or making their own that you can share?
              Welcome back :) You have a ton accomplished! I made my invitations...I took pictures and will post as soon as I get a chance...I haven't uploaded them to my computer yet.

              #547 Laura22610

              Laura22610
              • Jr. Member
              • 468 posts

                Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by taranyc
                Hi everyone. I was reading your posts about your guests starting to make their arrangements, etc. Did any of you work with Dreams to get a better rate for your guests...or did you take the travel agent route?

                My fiance and I are visting DRC on Dec 11th to tour the site and finalize things for our Sept. 26, 2010 wedding and a reduced rate for my wedding guests is def top on my list.

                Thank you,
                tara
                I went through a travel agent. It seems like there are different deals all of the time.

                #548 lilly129

                lilly129
                • Jr. Member
                • 350 posts

                  Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

                  Tara - I also went through a travel agent. When I emailed the hotel they offered good rates for our guests but they require that you put down a 20% deposit on each room for a block. We're inviting 140 people so putting down that big chunk of money and then chasing our guests down to book through the resort seemed like more of a hassle then I wanted. My TA is amazing and she makes my life much easier :) She also allows one price match. So all my guests can book today and then in June if the resort runs a special and cuts prices (they usually do if occupancy is looking low) my TA will rebook everyone at the lower price. I'm sure a lot of TAs do that, but if you're interested, I highly reccommend Berman Travel.

                  #549 taranyc

                  taranyc
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 242 posts

                    Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

                    Thank you both! Did you book your wedding through the hotel, but rooms, flights, etc through the TA? Thank you for the tip on Berman, I will contact them...sounds soooo much easier.

                    tt

                    #550 Laura22610

                    Laura22610
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 468 posts

                      Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by taranyc
                      Thank you both! Did you book your wedding through the hotel, but rooms, flights, etc through the TA? Thank you for the tip on Berman, I will contact them...sounds soooo much easier.

                      tt
                      That's exactly what I did. My TA is in touch with the resort also and he offered to communicate with Ana for me but I thought it would be easier to do that myself. I contacted Ana by email and booked my wedding with her. When I sent out my invites, I put all of my TA's information on there and everyone is just booking through him, which makes it easy since he knows all of the details of the wedding. It is also much much much less stressful for me since I don't have to keep track of who is booking and worry about getting them good deals. My TA lets me know when someone books and soon he should be sending me a list of everyone's travel dates, flights, etc. I don't think that I could have done this all on my own without being super-stressed!




                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (2)