Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#5481 sarcrook

sarcrook
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

Check this out..

I have been looking for thermo insulated mugs to give out in guests' OOT bags.  Like item # IN-80/7142 from http://www.orientaltrading.com

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anywhere that will sell fewer than 144!!  Has anyone found them elsewhere in a smaller quantity?  At this point, I don't even care if they are personalized or not!

#5482 sarcrook

sarcrook
    • 241 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Please let us know what you find out!!  I sent him an email and haven't heard back.  I wonder if that means we don't have to pay for their day pass..??

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

Sooo I emailed DJ Julian Molina for a price list-he said he's meeting with the resort tomorrow to discuss their contract, and would get back to me after that. I guess they dont have all their contracts ironed out yet....hopefully soon!

#5483 BrookeAshlea

BrookeAshlea
      • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

The lighted dance floor and props are included with the package. I guess that's a plus considering your not paying extra for it! The DJ set me a email saying they have 8 years experience from doing weddings parties and night clubs. I'm curious to hear from brides who have or wil be using them.

#5484 Missy1

Missy1
        • 75 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

Brooke:

Are you referring to the resort's new DJ or are you talking about the other DJ some other brides have been talking about...I think his name is dJ Julian?

Originally Posted by BrookeAshlea 

The lighted dance floor and props are included with the package. I guess that's a plus considering your not paying extra for it! The DJ set me a email saying they have 8 years experience from doing weddings parties and night clubs. I'm curious to hear from brides who have or wil be using them.

#5485 futureMrs.S 2011

futureMrs.S 2011
          • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Have you looked at.... 

I have been looking for thermo insulated mugs to give out in guests' OOT bags.  Like item # IN-80/7142 from http://www.orientaltrading.com

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anywhere that will sell fewer than 144!!  Has anyone found them elsewhere in a smaller quantity?  At this point, I don't even care if they are personalized or not!

#5486 futureMrs.S 2011

futureMrs.S 2011
            • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
              Tara & Andy 2/10/11
              rscherle- 2/19/2011

Rachel & Kevin - 2/20/2011
              saymyname74- 3/5/2011

L'Oreal and Michael - 3/26/11

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
              Melissa & Michael - 4/22/11
              Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011
              Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
              Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
              Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
              Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11
              Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011
              Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Evelyn & Jon   6/24/2011

Deanna & Christopher 7/6/2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11 

Yay!!! We're on the list for 6/24/11

#5487 justney

justney
              • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'm thinking about the DJ situation along with a lot of others on here.  I was just told that my reception would be 3 hours.  How are you using the DJ's 5 hours if the reception is only 3 hours long?  Will he be the sound guy at the ceremony for you?  Maybe some of you are paying for extra reception time?

Thanks!

#5488 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

Your pictures are gorgeous.  What a beautiful wedding.  I adore your dress and the orange flower in your hair.  You two make such a purrfect couple, so lovely.  Thank you for sharing your pictures. 

Originally Posted by volosikj 

I started working on a review but it has been crazy with the aftermath of the wedding and catching up on work that I haven't finished it yet. I do promise to post one.

http://150111gaulwed...ng-slideshow-7/

Above is a link to our photo slideshow from our 1/15/11 wedding and TTD session. We hired Anel from Adventure Photographers and bought the unlimited package. She did an amazing job, and is truly a pleasure to work with. I am really pleased with how they turned out, and am so glad we decided to use her rather than hire an outside vendor and pay 5 times as much. Really recommend working with her!!!!

We also had DJ Doremixx who brought the balloons, cold fireworks, and masks to the reception party. It was an amazing time!

I will be selling my chair sashes (60) and table runners (8) if anyone is interested....please PM me. My new hubby is dying for me turn to our "wedding headquarters" back into an office!

#5489 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

You sent an email to the DJ?  He is pretty good at responding.  Did you want his email?

Sharon

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

I sent them an email the other day and haven't heard back..that's always annoying!

Sarah

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

Sarcrook,

He told me 650 for 5 hours or less and 650 for the light up dance floor.  I am seeing if I can get a better deal on the dance floor, it just seems so expensive for a dance floor lol.  He is including all the party favors if I get the dance floor along with the package. I am still comtemplating on it, are you going to get the light up dance floor? 

Sharon

Quote:

SharonMydung...I did find a thread on here with some picks from DJ Julian Molina..if you search him you'll find it.  He actually looks very similar to Ivan from Doremixx!  I've contacted DJ Mannia and I think they might be a lot higher than the $650 for five hours..that is a GREAT price!!  Are you gonna do the 5 hours?  That seems a lot - we were thinking 4.. --

Let me know what he says about the light up dance floor - and of course please share your pics!!

#5490 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                    • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hey there his email is Julian at moodevents dot com

:)  Sharon

Originally Posted by JD Hall Wedding 

Can you please give me DJ Julian Molina's contact information. If this is the case I would love to go thru them;

I have been in communication with DJ Julian Molina and he said that he spoke with the coordinator today and the only extra fees I need to pay is the day pass which is around 55-60.  He is quoting 650 for 5 hours or less which is I think is a great deal.  He has a light up dance floor too which I have requested for and hopefully he will send me some photos.

It's all coming me together now, a little less confused:)

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rach2011 

Our wedding is on Feb 20, so less than 3 weeks!!  The resort pricing for a DJ is $300/hr.  Outside DJ's cost a good bit less, but then you have whatever fees the resort dreams up today for using an outside vendor (was $500, now it may be considerably cheaper), and that is only if the outside vendor is "approved".  I basically think that means the outside vendor has to agree to pay the resort some amount of money for the right to work at the resort.  Anyway, the price difference and the fact that they are making these changes so close to our date is why the WC is trying to throw in extras to entice me to use their vendor.

Quote:

Let me know what you find out!!  Are they giving you a better price than bringing in an outside DJ? 

When is your wedding?

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rach2011 

Haven't decided completely about the DJ.  They offered the lit dance floor for free, but you are right, it looks small if those are the pictures on FB.  I asked how large it was and am awaiting on an answer.  If the size is acceptable, I may use the resort DJ.

Quote:

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users