Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#5431 DeaChris11

DeaChris11
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
    Tara & Andy 2/10/11
    rscherle- 2/19/2011

Rachel & Kevin - 2/20/2011
    saymyname74- 3/5/2011

L'Oreal and Michael - 3/26/11

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
    Melissa & Michael - 4/22/11
    Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011
    Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
    Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
    Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
    Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11
    Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011
    Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Deanna & Christopher 7/6/2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11

I added us once but the list that is being posted was different i guess so i re-added us again :).

Also, those that are ordering chair sashes from wedding linens direct..what size are you getting? Thanks!

#5432 sarcrook

sarcrook
    • 241 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Let me know what you find out!!  Are they giving you a better price than bringing in an outside DJ? 

When is your wedding?

Originally Posted by rach2011 

Haven't decided completely about the DJ.  They offered the lit dance floor for free, but you are right, it looks small if those are the pictures on FB.  I asked how large it was and am awaiting on an answer.  If the size is acceptable, I may use the resort DJ.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sarcrook 

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor

#5433 rach2011

rach2011
      • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

Our wedding is on Feb 20, so less than 3 weeks!!  The resort pricing for a DJ is $300/hr.  Outside DJ's cost a good bit less, but then you have whatever fees the resort dreams up today for using an outside vendor (was $500, now it may be considerably cheaper), and that is only if the outside vendor is "approved".  I basically think that means the outside vendor has to agree to pay the resort some amount of money for the right to work at the resort.  Anyway, the price difference and the fact that they are making these changes so close to our date is why the WC is trying to throw in extras to entice me to use their vendor.

Let me know what you find out!!  Are they giving you a better price than bringing in an outside DJ? 

When is your wedding?

Quote:

Haven't decided completely about the DJ.  They offered the lit dance floor for free, but you are right, it looks small if those are the pictures on FB.  I asked how large it was and am awaiting on an answer.  If the size is acceptable, I may use the resort DJ.

Quote:

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor

#5434 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
        • 183 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

According to Veronica there's no more $500 fee, you just pay the day pass.  Veronica said that I can't trade in the cocktail hour for more people at the reception but she said I can trade in the cocktail hour for an additional open bar hour (not too go lol)

I ordered my dress from lightinthebox.com.  The dress is nice but I want something different.  It's ok it was pretty cheap and I'm pretty sure I can post it on Craigslist and sell it.

Decocancun has chair sashes for 2.50 each not sure if that's cheaper than that website.

Sharon

Originally Posted by lsd203 

What are you ladies doing for shoes if your ceremony is on the beach?  Past brides, did you get the chair covers from Dreams or Deco Cancun?

Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.

#5435 BrookeAshlea

BrookeAshlea
          • 23 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
            Tara & Andy 2/10/11
            rscherle- 2/19/2011

saymyname74- 3/5/2011

Brooke & Rasheed- 04/03/2011

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
            Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
            Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
            Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
            Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

Brooke And Rasheed 04/03/2011  8 weeks left and I feel so behind!!

#5436 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
            • 183 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

I have been in communication with DJ Julian Molina and he said that he spoke with the coordinator today and the only extra fees I need to pay is the day pass which is around 55-60.  He is quoting 650 for 5 hours or less which is I think is a great deal.  He has a light up dance floor too which I have requested for and hopefully he will send me some photos.

It's all coming me together now, a little less confused:)

Our wedding is on Feb 20, so less than 3 weeks!!  The resort pricing for a DJ is $300/hr.  Outside DJ's cost a good bit less, but then you have whatever fees the resort dreams up today for using an outside vendor (was $500, now it may be considerably cheaper), and that is only if the outside vendor is "approved".  I basically think that means the outside vendor has to agree to pay the resort some amount of money for the right to work at the resort.  Anyway, the price difference and the fact that they are making these changes so close to our date is why the WC is trying to throw in extras to entice me to use their vendor.

Quote:

When is your wedding?

Quote:

Quote:

#5437 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
              • 183 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

Today my photographer friend from New York agreed to take pictures for us at our wedding in Cancun, definitely made my day.  One less thing to stress about.  I just need to pay his way there which is cheaper than many of the Photographers pricing.  Whoo Hoo.  I've made two appointments to try on dresses this Friday, yah hoooo............

I think I am going with purchasing the 3 packages which will allow me cater to 60 people, did the numbers and it comes out to be a little cheaper.

Next project:  need to find some Ukelele lessons, gonna sing a song to my to be HUBBY.......

Sharon

#5438 ajcuce

ajcuce
                • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hey everyone!

I am excited to hear they are no longer charging $500 for outside venders! I'm trying to figure out if I just want to use everything that the resort has or if I want to use an outside source. I've seen some stuff on Deco Cancun and EW Cancun and am not sure how it all works.  I definitely think it would be fun to have a lounge area but I'm just not sure it's necessary. I am just curious what all of the rest of you are thinking :-).

May brides, what time are you guys doing your ceremony? I was originally told 6pm is the "perfect time" by the old planner and the photographer. Now Lisbeth is saying that it is kind of late and by the time we start it might be dark! I obviously don't want that. I'm curious as to what everyone else is getting told.

I added myself to the list below, I can't wait until May!! :-)

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
                  Tara & Andy 2/10/11
                  rscherle- 2/19/2011

saymyname74- 3/5/2011

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
                  Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
                  Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
                  Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
                  Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011
                  Alaina & Dan 5/21/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

#5439 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                  • 183 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

I found these sashes on ebay, pretty cheap

Here is a picture of the chair sashes I ordered from wedding linens direct - I believe they are the crystal organza?

Hi!! I'm getting married in like 34 days!! Does anyone have any pictures of there chair sashes? I think im going to order mine from wedding linens direct

#5440 NWEventer

NWEventer
                    • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

We are getting married at 4pm. I was told that's the best time as it would be too dark any later. We haven't received much else in terms of information. Good thing I found this forum or I'd be panicking by now. 

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
                      Tara & Andy 2/10/11
                      rscherle- 2/19/2011

saymyname74- 3/5/2011

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
                      Crystal & Eric 5/2/2011
                      Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
                      Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
                      Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
                      Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011
                      Alaina & Dan 5/21/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users