Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#5371 Princess402

Princess402
  • Member
  • 737 posts

    Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:12 AM


    You must have been elsewhere cause if you were anything by the pool for that you would have seen - it was seriously quite a spectacle!!! I did not expect that! My guests were telling me that everyone at the resort was talking about it. I gotta say, swimming in my dress was sooo much fun!

     

    We had such a blast at the wedding. Not everything was perfect but I can say definitively that we had SO much fun! So many of our guests said to us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to (I'm biased of course, but it was the best wedding I have ever been to!)... nice to know they were also saying good things when we weren't there! Well, hopefully they were all good... what were they saying? Lol, I want to eavesdrop via BDW!

     

    P.S. OMG yes we brought down a ridiculous amount of stuff! We had a lot of people bringing suitcases for us!!! But you know what, as ridiculous as it was I'm so glad I did it because it saved us so much money. Plus I had what I wanted. And since I just could not seem to confirm anything with the resort prior to leaving (including availability of certain items, and prices), I didn't want to take my chances. So yes, it was a running joke that we brought the wedding to Mexico, we did not go to Mexico for the wedding. FI kept asking "do they supply anything? are you going to pack folding chairs in one of those suitcases too?!?", LOL.
     

    Originally Posted by allegraapple 

    Thanks Angela!  I can't believe I missed your pool-jumping experience - nice job:-) I must have been meeting with Ana or something.  Congrats to you as well. I can't believe how much stuff you brought down with you (I saw it all in Ana's office). I heard several of your guests talking about how great your wedding was at breakfast in the World Cafe the morning after - hope you had a blast.

     

    Allegra
     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Princess402 



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by allegraapple 

    Oh - here's a link to our slideshow - for a glimpse into our wedding. Enjoy!

     

    http://121210newman.....mx/#/newman-1/


    Aww Allegra - cute photos!!!

     

    I saw you taking photos on the stairs leading up to the lobby prior to your wedding, and I was actually by the pool watching your ceremony (from a non-creeper distance, of course!)... everyone in my group thought it was awesome how your groomsmen were introduced!

     

    Congrats :)
     


     




    #5372 Princess402

    Princess402
    • Member
    • 737 posts

      Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:24 AM


      Thank you :) Yes, we did have a blast! And we did have Ivan from Doremixx and give him SO much credit for how fun our reception was. Seriously, the music was awesome - people did not stop dancing! Plus the balloons and lightsticks and masks, AND cold fireworks! So awesome :) All my guests were so impressed with him (my husband's dad is literally still talking about how amazing our DJ was). Hiring Ivan was the best decision I made!

       

      The maracas I got from Amols

      Your pictures are beautiful!!  It looks like you had a blast!!  Did you have Ivan from Doremixx? 

       

      Where did you get your maracas & what was the saying on them?

       

       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Princess402 

      Hi girls! Sorry I have been gone for what seems like FOREVER... it's been so hectic since the wedding (Christmas, and then back to school and work...). I just wanted to check in and say hello. And to share a few photos that our photographer posted to his blog.

       

      These are from the wedding day:


      Wow your pictures are amazing.  How many guests did you have?  I love the shakers, the guests probably put it to good us.  Did you let the DJ know what kind of music you guys like or did he just played whatever is new?  I can't wait to read your reviews.  What room did you get?

       

      Sharon July 17
       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by sarcrook 

      Your pictures are beautiful!!  It looks like you had a blast!!  Did you have Ivan from Doremixx? 

       

      Where did you get your maracas & what was the saying on them?

       

       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Princess402 

      Hi girls! Sorry I have been gone for what seems like FOREVER... it's been so hectic since the wedding (Christmas, and then back to school and work...). I just wanted to check in and say hello. And to share a few photos that our photographer posted to his blog.

       

      These are from the wedding day: http://www.michaelwa...nation-wedding/

       

      And these are from the TTD two days later: http://www.michaelwa...-cancun-mexico/

       

      I promise I'm working on a review for you soon!


       

       




      #5373 SharonMydung

      SharonMydung
      • Jr. Member
      • 183 posts

        Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

        To future brides, have your guests book their trip early b/c as of yesterday the pricing has gone up by $500 dollars. Luckily most of my important guests have locked in their rooms and flights.  The resort also have a buy 5 rooms get one free at this time which is honored by most Travel Agencies and online agencies.  Does anyone know if they have an entertainment crew on the resort that takes you out to the clubs at night?  I stayed at Dreams Cancun before and the entertainment crew take you a different club every night.

         

        Sharon



        #5374 Lindsay in love

        Lindsay in love
        • Newbie
        • 52 posts

          Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:18 AM


          Thank you :) Yes, we did have a blast! And we did have Ivan from Doremixx and give him SO much credit for how fun our reception was. Seriously, the music was awesome - people did not stop dancing! Plus the balloons and lightsticks and masks, AND cold fireworks! So awesome :) All my guests were so impressed with him (my husband's dad is literally still talking about how amazing our DJ was). Hiring Ivan was the best decision I made!

           

          The maracas I got from Amols

          Your pictures are beautiful!!  It looks like you had a blast!!  Did you have Ivan from Doremixx? 

           

          Where did you get your maracas & what was the saying on them?

           

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Princess402 

          Hi girls! Sorry I have been gone for what seems like FOREVER... it's been so hectic since the wedding (Christmas, and then back to school and work...). I just wanted to check in and say hello. And to share a few photos that our photographer posted to his blog.

           

          These are from the wedding day:


          Wow your pictures are amazing.  How many guests did you have?  I love the shakers, the guests probably put it to good us.  Did you let the DJ know what kind of music you guys like or did he just played whatever is new?  I can't wait to read your reviews.  What room did you get?

           

          Sharon July 17
           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by sarcrook 

          Your pictures are beautiful!!  It looks like you had a blast!!  Did you have Ivan from Doremixx? 

           

          Where did you get your maracas & what was the saying on them?

           

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Princess402 

          Hi girls! Sorry I have been gone for what seems like FOREVER... it's been so hectic since the wedding (Christmas, and then back to school and work...). I just wanted to check in and say hello. And to share a few photos that our photographer posted to his blog.

           

          These are from the wedding day: http://www.michaelwachniak.com/realloveis/2010/12/angela-craig-dreams-rivieracancun-resort-destination-wedding/

           

          And these are from the TTD two days later: http://www.michaelwachniak.com/realloveis/2011/01/angela-craig-trash-the-dress-session-in-cancun-mexico/

           

          I promise I'm working on a review for you soon!


           

           

          Thanks you Princess for posting the link to the maracas! They are so cute! I was fully intending on going with Mishka designs for personalized maracas but with hundreds of dollars of difference, I think I will order these and personalize them myself with my bridesmaids as a fun pre-wedding activity. Your wedding was very nice, I love all the details and it looked like your group had a great time! You were stunning in that gown!

          #5375 SharonMydung

          SharonMydung
          • Jr. Member
          • 183 posts

            Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

            Did anyone of you get creative with the entrance or your First Dance?  I was thinking of doing something funny to keep the guests entertained.



            #5376 FutureMrsRobart

            FutureMrsRobart
            • Jr. Member
            • 254 posts

              Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:05 PM



              Originally Posted by sarcrook 

              Nice find!!

               

              I can't believe we've had to DIG to find anything on their DJ's..I emailed them weeks ago about contact for the two they listed and haven't heard ANYTHING!!
               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lindsay in love 

              Hi Ladies, after doing a little digging I've found a facebook page for Visual Sound.

              http://www.facebook....77127411?v=wall

              Seems like they have a decent set up and some good pictures of weddings they've done...looks like people are dancing atleast! LOL...I think his dancefloor may be a touch smaller but it still lights up...

              Alot of his posts are in Spanish so it's hard to understand what he's advertising or posting but you can atleast check it out for now...
               

               


              ME too! I mentioned the fact that  I hadn't  heard back from "their new DJ" in my email to my WC. Still no word from the DJ or her :-s


              http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

              Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

              #5377 SharonMydung

              SharonMydung
              • Jr. Member
              • 183 posts

                Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

                I emailed my coordinator Veronica about perhaps buying three of the love packages instead of one.  If I am able to buy three of the love packages that would allow me to cater to 60 guests.  I think because I found a loophole, she is unwilling to answer my questions.  I feel like they pick and chose what they want to answer, it's so frustrating.



                #5378 sarcrook

                sarcrook
                • Jr. Member
                • 241 posts

                  Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

                  What went up $500???

                   

                  Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

                  To future brides, have your guests book their trip early b/c as of yesterday the pricing has gone up by $500 dollars. Luckily most of my important guests have locked in their rooms and flights.  The resort also have a buy 5 rooms get one free at this time which is honored by most Travel Agencies and online agencies.  Does anyone know if they have an entertainment crew on the resort that takes you out to the clubs at night?  I stayed at Dreams Cancun before and the entertainment crew take you a different club every night.

                   

                  Sharon





                  #5379 SharonMydung

                  SharonMydung
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 183 posts

                    Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:13 PM


                    yup just last week for 7 nights with airfare it was about 2300 for two people, now it's like 2800-3000, pretty insane.  I checked every online bookings and the prices went up.
                     

                    Originally Posted by sarcrook 

                    What went up $500???

                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

                    To future brides, have your guests book their trip early b/c as of yesterday the pricing has gone up by $500 dollars. Luckily most of my important guests have locked in their rooms and flights.  The resort also have a buy 5 rooms get one free at this time which is honored by most Travel Agencies and online agencies.  Does anyone know if they have an entertainment crew on the resort that takes you out to the clubs at night?  I stayed at Dreams Cancun before and the entertainment crew take you a different club every night.

                     

                    Sharon


                     




                    #5380 sarcrook

                    sarcrook
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 241 posts

                      Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:54 AM

                      Where are you flying from again?  California?

                       

                      What is your date?

                       

                      Originally Posted by SharonMydung 


                      yup just last week for 7 nights with airfare it was about 2300 for two people, now it's like 2800-3000, pretty insane.  I checked every online bookings and the prices went up.
                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sarcrook 

                      What went up $500???

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SharonMydung 

                      To future brides, have your guests book their trip early b/c as of yesterday the pricing has gone up by $500 dollars. Luckily most of my important guests have locked in their rooms and flights.  The resort also have a buy 5 rooms get one free at this time which is honored by most Travel Agencies and online agencies.  Does anyone know if they have an entertainment crew on the resort that takes you out to the clubs at night?  I stayed at Dreams Cancun before and the entertainment crew take you a different club every night.

                       

                      Sharon


                       

                       





                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users