Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#4371 Princess402

Princess402
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by pbjwed 

I am using both the resort photographer and will bringing a photographer from ny.. nick carter...

Originally Posted by lilly129 

I'm doing the same thing...

You girls that are using both... how are you doing that?

I wouldn't mind using a resort photographer as a "second" photographer, but wasn't sure if they would do that... also wasn't sure if they would hand over the digital negatives.

#4372 amlambert

amlambert
    • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:32 AM

Can you also send me an email with the Cancun Deco information?  amlambert@hotmail.com.  Thanks!!

#4373 lilly129

lilly129
      • 350 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

It depends - if they live nearby and are just coming for the day and leaving, then you have to pay an outside vendor fee.  If they live in Mexico but need a room that night, then you do not pay the fee...but you're paying for your photographers room for one night.  

Originally Posted by aj42781 

do you have to pay for an outside photographer even if they live in mexico??

#4374 lilly129

lilly129
        • 350 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:08 AM

I'm using the resort photographer for our welcome party, then my own photographer for the wedding day.  If you're not doing a welcome party you could always use the resort photographer for a ttd session or just pictures of you and your fiance maybe a day or two before your wedding...since it's included in the wedding package. 

As for using them as a second photographer - I'd double check on that - most photographers have in their contracts that they have to be the only professional photographer at the wedding.

Originally Posted by Princess402 

You girls that are using both... how are you doing that?

I wouldn't mind using a resort photographer as a "second" photographer, but wasn't sure if they would do that... also wasn't sure if they would hand over the digital negatives.

#4375 ashleybyers

ashleybyers
          • 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

What are you guys using Deco Cancun for? and is it cheaper to go with them vs the resort?

#4376 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

Yay - Gaby got back to me with the dimensions for the beach chuppah!!

According to her, the chuppah is 2.6 metres wide, 2.8 metres tall, and each post is 3 inches in diameter.

#4377 aj42781

aj42781
              • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

anyone know the outside vendor fee??

#4378 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by aj42781 

anyone know the outside vendor fee??

I *think* it's just the price of a day pass for the vendor to come in, so $110.

#4379 aj42781

aj42781
                  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pbjwed 

i got the dress through impessions....   i can get style number but its def 2010 collection....   shoes i got at outlet at kate spade....  got all my jewelery wholesale as well as starfish...  $6.00 for each starfish so shoes were under 100.00     thanks ladies I love them!   I just got  a quote from Natalie at Deco Cancun and I am def using them!  So excited they are taking care of centerpieces/ candles/ flowers, couches, flags, and decorative pillows in orange and fuchsia..................

where did you get starfish for 6bucks? ive been looking everywhere!

#4380 pbjwed

pbjwed
                    • 389 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

Wong trading in nyc. Wholesale. But if u go there and spend 100 cash ur good.. got everthing for bms and me. Soooo cheap ;) pm me about deco cancun they r amazing. I am working with anita and was told no outside vendor fee. She will work directly with gaby. Gaby finally emailed me and I feel good that she will tk care of us and honor what ana said she could do... honestly she walked Into a mess.....
                      PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users