Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#3971 reaganlane

reaganlane
  • Jr. Member
  • 180 posts

    Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:42 PM



    Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 

    Ana e-mailed me about the orange and pink coverings on the beach thingy instead of white.  She said it would cost $200 USD to change it to be a color.


    I think that is crazy! They are going to drape it with white for free but to use something that another bride left and to drape it cost $200? Pretty sure I will bring all my own stuff and have them do it for free! $200 will pay for all my sashes, beach thingy cover in pink and orange, and all my other decor! I just think that is pitiful! We're spending a fortune just to go to the resort! Sorry, had to vent!

    BTW...if any brides that go before me are doing pink and orange as their colors...please don't leave your stuff with Ana so she can charge other brides a fortune to use the stuff. Bring it home and sell it to me! :)
     



    #3972 wisconsinbride2010

    wisconsinbride2010
    • Newbie
    • 98 posts

      Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

      I agree 100%.  I don't think the resort understands how much money we are bring to them just by having our guests stay there.  With our wedding alone we are bringing the resort over $45,000 with just our guests, not to mention the wedding, and having to pay to feed them on the wedding night, even though our guests already paid to eat and drink there.  I think the whole thing should be FREE!!! but whatever....  I still think a wedding at home would be a whole lot cheeper!!  BUt oh well!  I agree with you though, bring your stuff home and then sell it or give it away, cause I'm sure the resort just charges the next bride to use it!  



      #3973 lorijfletcher

      lorijfletcher
      • Newbie
      • 134 posts

        Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:46 AM



        Originally Posted by rdsjcr 

        For things like the sand ceremony, welcome bag & welcome bag contents, and etc... are you guys packing and taking all of them or shipping them there?  (what about the people that have already gotten married- what did you go)  We just have about 50 people coming and that I like a whole extra suitcase?!?!  thanks for your help :)


        Most brides that I have seen and myself are taking everything with us.  It is a lot of extra baggage and expense but I bet it will be cheaper to pay for extra luggage that whatever the shipping costs would be!  Also, the resort recommends you don't ship because sometimes packages don't get there on time, or at all.  I think it is an issue at customs. 

        I'm taking with me so I know it will all make it!!



        #3974 lorijfletcher

        lorijfletcher
        • Newbie
        • 134 posts

          Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:47 AM



          Originally Posted by reaganlane 




          I think that is crazy! They are going to drape it with white for free but to use something that another bride left and to drape it cost $200? Pretty sure I will bring all my own stuff and have them do it for free! $200 will pay for all my sashes, beach thingy cover in pink and orange, and all my other decor! I just think that is pitiful! We're spending a fortune just to go to the resort! Sorry, had to vent!

          BTW...if any brides that go before me are doing pink and orange as their colors...please don't leave your stuff with Ana so she can charge other brides a fortune to use the stuff. Bring it home and sell it to me! :)
           

          Do any of you ladies know how much fabric to bring to drape the Huppa?  Are you using tool or some other fabric?

           



          #3975 AlisonJimmy

          AlisonJimmy
          • Jr. Member
          • 198 posts

            Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

            Is anyone flying JetBlue??  Just wanted to check...it is $30 for every extra suitcase??  We are allowed one suitcase and one carryon..a, I right on that?  Also have to make sure bags aren't over 50 lbs.  That gets pricier.



            #3976 aubry

            aubry
            • Jr. Member
            • 191 posts

              Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:02 PM



              Originally Posted by aj42781 

              where did you get those blue flower shoes???? I love them!


              I got the shoes at Whatchamacallit's in Dallas. The flowers are velcro, so you can get various colors of flowers and switch them out. I just fell in love with them and pretty much chose my dress to show off the shoes;)  They're Helen's Heart and also available online, although more expensive at Unique Vintage: http://www.unique-vintage.com/accessories-shoes-c-321_334.html?page=2&products_per_page=120.  I found a picture online and searched forever! The starfish in my bouquet I borrowed from the starfish borrowing thread, but you can buy them here: www.bouquetjewels.com

               

              Yes, my husband is 6' 5" - as I'm sure you know, it was difficult finding his wedding attire! 

               

              I also carried everything with me. I just tried to choose OOT items that wouldn't be too difficult to transport. I assembled them before I left so all I had to do was pull them out. Don't forget that you won't want to spend your vacation and time just before your wedding putting things together. 

               

              Also, remember that much of the information you receive ahead of time from Ana changes when you get there. There were things I had read you'd be charged for from email responses, but wasn't when I got there. Try not to get too worked up over small details, and most everything will fall into place when you arrive!



              #3977 rdsjcr

              rdsjcr
              • Jr. Member
              • 224 posts

                Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:15 PM



                Originally Posted by aubry 




                I got the shoes at Whatchamacallit's in Dallas. The flowers are velcro, so you can get various colors of flowers and switch them out. I just fell in love with them and pretty much chose my dress to show off the shoes;)  They're Helen's Heart and also available online, although more expensive at Unique Vintage: http://www.unique-vintage.com/accessories-shoes-c-321_334.html?page=2&products_per_page=120.  I found a picture online and searched forever! The starfish in my bouquet I borrowed from the starfish borrowing thread, but you can buy them here: www.bouquetjewels.com

                 

                Yes, my husband is 6' 5" - as I'm sure you know, it was difficult finding his wedding attire! 

                 

                I also carried everything with me. I just tried to choose OOT items that wouldn't be too difficult to transport. I assembled them before I left so all I had to do was pull them out. Don't forget that you won't want to spend your vacation and time just before your wedding putting things together. 

                 

                Also, remember that much of the information you receive ahead of time from Ana changes when you get there. There were things I had read you'd be charged for from email responses, but wasn't when I got there. Try not to get too worked up over small details, and most everything will fall into place when you arrive!

                What did you put in your OOT bags?

                 

                Also- for those of you doing Sand Ceremony- what about transporting that?
                 



                #3978 AlisonJimmy

                AlisonJimmy
                • Jr. Member
                • 198 posts

                  Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

                  Hey Ladies!!  Are any of you planning on wearing a flower in your hair on your wedding day?  I wore one to a party the other day and the second I stepped out in the heat, it died!  I am not sure what to do.  I don't think I have time to order a fake one either.  I know there are some flowers that can withstand the heat...but very worried.  What are u all doing?



                  #3979 lilly129

                  lilly129
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 350 posts

                    Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

                    Whoa! I've been gone for a week and I just came back to a whole new forum!!! I've got some catching up to do!



                    #3980 lilly129

                    lilly129
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 350 posts

                      Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:24 PM



                      Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy 

                      Hey Ladies!!  Are any of you planning on wearing a flower in your hair on your wedding day?  I wore one to a party the other day and the second I stepped out in the heat, it died!  I am not sure what to do.  I don't think I have time to order a fake one either.  I know there are some flowers that can withstand the heat...but very worried.  What are u all doing?

                      I bought a hair flower - you can get them from etsy, a bridal salon or online - check out: www.haircomesthebride.com and they can probably get you something quickly.  Haircomesthebride.com had mine to me within a week....

                      Hope that helps!


                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users