Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#11811 tkennerson

tkennerson
  • 49 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - Ceremony: North Beach, Reception: Ballroom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

hey Dreams Brides! We got married Dec 17th last year and I just wanted to stop by and see if there were any questions or anything! I am not on here as much as I was after we first got back so wanted to leave my email address incase anyone wanted to contact me! :)

savanaheryan@gmail.com 

Also check the links at the bottom of my posts if you want to see pics, our wedding video, my planning thread, etc! :)

Thanks for sharing this! 

Hi!  November 8, 2014 DR bride!  Question...I noticed a new promotion on the DR site, complimentary cocktail welcome reception for up to 50 people if you book your destination wedding by February, 2014.  This is awesome because we were going to pay for a welcome reception.  Do you know if they grandfather you in to new promotions?  We booked our destination wedding in September 2014.  I love the resort, but we're already at 40 booked rooms, and I just wished they offered more incentives for large groups like some of the other resorts. 

#11812 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for sharing this! Hi!  November 8, 2014 DR bride!  Question...I noticed a new promotion on the DR site, complimentary cocktail welcome reception for up to 50 people if you book your destination wedding by February, 2014.  This is awesome because we were going to pay for a welcome reception.  Do you know if they grandfather you in to new promotions?  We booked our destination wedding in September 2014.  I love the resort, but we're already at 40 booked rooms, and I just wished they offered more incentives for large groups like some of the other resorts.

hey! I looked into that also but we are in the blackout dates Nov1-30 :(((( don't know why!!??

#11813 tkennerson

tkennerson
    • 49 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - Ceremony: North Beach, Reception: Ballroom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Oh no :( are you going through the resort directly or a TA? My TA is looking into for me. She said it shouldn't be a problem, but will let me know after she speaks to her contact. I'll certainly post the outcome because I'm going to have a VeRY hard time accepting that given the size of our party. That's a pretty nice savings for us because we were planning for a Welcome Reception.

#11814 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
    • 243 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Oh no :( are you going through the resort directly or a TA? My TA is looking into for me. She said it shouldn't be a problem, but will let me know after she speaks to her contact. I'll certainly post the outcome because I'm going to have a VeRY hard time accepting that given the size of our party. That's a pretty nice savings for us because we were planning for a Welcome Reception.

Heyyyyy! I'm going through my travel agent...if you read the small print blackout dates Nov 1-30 2014 :(((

#11815 tkennerson

tkennerson
      • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'll certainly keep you posted on my outcome.

Hi!

I've seen some files that previous brides have posted for others to use as a template. I was trying to save one but it wouldn't allow me to. Any recommedations or help?

I'm new to all this as well. I've asked around about this and found some threads. What my fiance and I decided to do was to pay a friend's travel expense (planning to go to wedding already; who's also a photographer) and have him there to photograph the wedding ceremony and reception. Brides have told me I wouldn't have to pay the vendor fee since it will be a friend not a vendor from mexico.

Hi!

I've seen some files that previous brides have posted for others to use as a template. I was trying to save one but it wouldn't allow me to. Any recommedations or help?

I'm new to all this as well. I've asked around about this and found some threads. What my fiance and I decided to do was to pay a friend's travel expense (planning to go to wedding already; who's also a photographer) and have him there to photograph the wedding ceremony and reception. Brides have told me I wouldn't have to pay the vendor fee since it will be a friend not a vendor from mexico.

This is great to know. So if we bring someone as a guest, that's not from the area, we can get around the fee? This is great to know!!!

Edited by tkennerson, 22 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#11816 chcgocubgirl

chcgocubgirl
      • 9 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 5, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun, Puerto Morelos, Mexico
      • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hi everyone!

We have booked our wedding for December 5th 2014 @ DRC! 

We are getting ready to send out our Save The Dates which have our wedding website listed on them but we haven't actually updated any of the website....

Anyone interested in sharing their wedding website to give me some inspiration, any and all help would be appriciated!

#11817 tkennerson

tkennerson
      • 49 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi everyone!

We have booked our wedding for December 5th 2014 @ DRC! 

We are getting ready to send out our Save The Dates which have our wedding website listed on them but we haven't actually updated any of the website....

Anyone interested in sharing their wedding website to give me some inspiration, any and all help would be appriciated!

Sure, our URL is www.damonandmesha2014.com.  I really wanted it to be the go to portal for our guests. I used WeddingWire to host because their technology is mobile responsive and I found more templates that I liked there.  I also purchased a vanity URL for about $12/year to make it easier for guests to remember the site.  Good luck!

Anyone working with a lighting company (for reception) in Cancun?  Any recommendations? 

#11818 browmegan

browmegan
      • 29 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

Aww so exciting, we leave in a week tomorrow! Thanks to everyone on this thread and site for helping me out with so much! Can't wait to be in the sun and married!

#11819 DWB2B2014

DWB2B2014
      • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

I am so worried about it raining! Past January brides, how was the weather while you were down there?

#11820 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
        • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Aww so exciting, we leave in a week tomorrow! Thanks to everyone on this thread and site for helping me out with so much! Can't wait to be in the sun and married!

Already!!?? How have an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users