Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1061 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilly129
    Hey ladies - my fiance and I are going to Dublin for our honeymoon...we're crazy I know...so we fly from Houston to Cacun (in cancun for a week) then on sunday after our wedding fly from Cacun to Houston and on Monday Houston to Ireland..ahhhh jetlag. We decided that since we're going to be on a beach for a whole week we might as well go somewhere where we can do nothing or do a lot of sight seeing. Depending on how exhausted we are :)
    What a great choice! We too are going to Europe, but we have decided on Italy. We are waiting until August to go (I am fortunately a teacher and have all summer off). We have the Mexico wedding in June, AHR in July and honeymoon in August. We didnt want tropical either.... we will get that at the wedding!

#1062 allegraapple

allegraapple
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

Hi girls,
      I am officially part of the group now. We just confirmed our wedding date for 12/12/10! YAY!! We are so excited.

#1063 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
      • 217 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:55 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by allegraapple
        Hi girls,
        I am officially part of the group now. We just confirmed our wedding date for 12/12/10! YAY!! We are so excited.

Welcome!!!

#1064 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lilly129
          Awww! Laura 2210 you're wedding is soooo close that's super exciting! It's going to be amazing!!
          Thanks for the info about the maracas!

I just found a website worth a look too: Mexican Sugar Skull | Offering Day of the Dead / Dia de los Muertos Mexican Folk Art, Sugar Skulls, Calaveras de Azucar, Molds and more - for the paper banner things - super cute!
          Thats great thank you for the link, its super fun because some of the flags reminded me of our 'borrowed' save the dates - not sure how to incorporate these, but how fun!

Attached Files

#1065 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
          • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
            Hi girls,
            Woohoo! Welcome :)

#1066 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jfazzina
              Boo,
              Who are you having take your pictures? Are you getting married at Maroma or DRC?? BTW- In November I stayed at Secrets Capri and the guy there took some shots of us and they were fantastic... his name was Jaime Torres. I am in contact with him but I want to make sure we have a FANTASTIC PHOTOGRAPHER. I am big into pics and want to make sure we have some fantastic unique shots! Congrats you are getting married a week after us. When do yu arrive? We are heading to maroma for our honeymoon Sunday the 14th~
              - I am super excited we booked Elizabeth Medina! got her for the day plus planning TTD, she offered the next morning, but I am going to wait and see if she has more wedding coming up that week in the area and can day it one or two days after

- The ceremony is at Secrets Maroma with a reception to follow at DRC and yes its insane :)

- Pictures were a huge deal for me too, Elizabeth is probably double what we had in our 'budget' is there really such a thing, ours is twice what the FI had though it would be and we are not even done yet, yikes!

- Oh fun, we arrive on Nov 14th, and will be at Secrets Maroma from Nov 18th to the 28th - hope to see you there!

#1067 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
              • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

Boo - I love Elizabeth Medina's work! I'm trying to figure out if she's in our budget though. I love photography so the pictures are VERY important to me, but I'm not sure yet how to convince the FI that they are very important

#1068 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

Quote:
                  Hi girls,
                  Congrats and welcome to the group!!!
                  Looks like we will be at DRC at about the same time :)

#1069 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Ashlynn its a tough one, for us it took about 2-3 months to get our resort situation / ceremony site all figured out and that was a big pain in the bum so by then the hubby to be just said spend whatever to make you happy - think its going to be a different story when we get the full bills for everything, but I figure you only get married once

#1070 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
                    • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

Haha! I wish my fiance would say that! However he's in finance and is super conservative and budget conscious with money. So he gave me a dollar amount and told me to make it work. I think if I even go a penny over he'll flip

You'll have to post your pictures after your wedding - I bet they'll be beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users