Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#10301 Nicole2013

Nicole2013
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi!  Thanks for sharing your pics they are gorgeous!!.

I have a question.  I see you had the reception in the ballroom.  Did they charge extra for the drapery?  Also this slideshow they did.  Do they do them for all the wedding packages or do you have to pay extra for this?

Thanks!!

#10302 Savs1027

Savs1027
    • Site Supporter
    • 458 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by desireemalia 

Does anybody have the order of the ceremony? I'm trying to make programs! Thank you!

desiree.malia@gmail.com

the order will have to be decided by you and Linda, the officiant. When I emailed her she told me we wouldn't decide that until we got there and met with her.I decided not to have programs because of this.

#10303 Savs1027

Savs1027
      • Site Supporter
      • 458 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

For those of you who have used or are going to use the mariachi trio...

Where are you having them play at?

I was thinking of having them play at the end of the ceremony as the recessional instead of picking a song. And then moving with the group to the "fake" cocktail hour at the beach bar.

Opinions please! :)

#10304 Savs1027

Savs1027
        • Site Supporter
        • 458 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nicole2013 

Hi!  Thanks for sharing your pics they are gorgeous!!.

I have a question.  I see you had the reception in the ballroom.  Did they charge extra for the drapery?  Also this slideshow they did.  Do they do them for all the wedding packages or do you have to pay extra for this?

Thanks!!

I can't answer the ballroom question, but the slide show is included when you book one of the photography packages.

#10305 Fifi Gigi

Fifi Gigi
          • Site Supporter
          • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi Everyone!  I've been reading this VERY HELPFUL thread for a couple of months now, and am getting ready to leave for Dreams on Tuesday for our wedding on the 27th (AHHHHH!).  We have the Ultimate package, and are having our Greek Orthodox ceremony at the gazebo, cocktails at the jacuzzi and dinner on the pool deck.  We hired the firedancers for after dinner.  We're staying in a preferred club oceanview for 4 nights, then moving to a master suite for 6 nights.  ANY last minute tips or things you wished you had known/brought/changed would be SO appreciated!  Thanks everyone!!!

#10306 MCree

MCree
            • 276 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

To all past brides . . . does anyone know how the room bride/ groom room upgrades go.  I understand that the 3G  promo qualifies you for one free upgrade per 10 rooms, but my travel agent insists that this is only for the lowest class room and that I do not qualify for an upgrade being that we are already in a honeymoon suite.

Upon reading this thread I have noticed that over half up brides and grooms are upgraded depending on resort occupancy.  My question is how does this work?  Does the resort make this decision upon arrival as a suprise, does your travel agent pull some strings/ etc?  Thank you sooo much in advance to anyone who can offer some input!    

#10307 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
              • 122 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

HI we are in the honeymoon suite in Sep....what would you get upgraded too ? X

#10308 MCree

MCree
                • 276 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by TIGERLILYODP 

HI we are in the honeymoon suite in Sep....what would you get upgraded too ? X

The two rooms above the honeymoon suite are presidential suite and master suite I believe, but I am unsure how the ladies have received their upgrades into these rooms.  Many have though if you read back on this board. We are currently in a honeymoon too!

#10309 EmilyT

EmilyT
                  • 278 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

AHH i am almost at the 3 month mark..... wedding March 1st 2013... getting nervous about all the details i need to get organized now... i was very concerned when i first booked and then i took a break from worrying lol ;)

#10310 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
                    • 122 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

ooo not long !!! remember to tell us all the details lol :0) xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users