Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Latinive- Your are gorgeous!! Love your pictures...I was wondering who you used for your photographer at Adventure Photos....for both the wedding and the trash the dress? And if you dont mind me asking how much it cost for the TTD session?? YOurs turned out soo good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I received written confirmation from the hotel back in August that I was allowed to hire an external provider for music by paying a U$100 fee to Dreams. I already hired/paid for musicians from musicancun and now Dreams is trying to retract the agreement. I am honestly considering taking my wedding somewhere else because I don't want to give them the opportunity to make any money off of me. What a hassle, they are being very dishonest (I hear its not uncommon in Mexico)

I would like to recruit a few people having the same issue so we can go to corporate AMResorts and have them make it right. I think escalating it to the corporate office here in the US is the only way to go, let's make it happen gals! Email me at sarastaro@yahoo.com.br and will get it organized.

 

Thanks,

Sara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by jkhowell View Post

 

Latinive- Your are gorgeous!! Love your pictures...I was wondering who you used for your photographer at Adventure Photos....for both the wedding and the trash the dress? And if you dont mind me asking how much it cost for the TTD session?? YOurs turned out soo good!

 

Hi.  Thank you. You're so kind.  We used Anel.  She is such a warm, fun person.  I had chosen her from seeing all the previous slideshows.  When we worked with her I just told her I was up for anything.  She is great.  Yes, I had her for both. As for pricing, we purchased the complete coverage package which cost 1499.00 and it includes 200 photos with the copyrights, the slideshow and a 80-100 photo album.  For us it was so hard to choose the 200 from a total of 790 shots plus 50 that were included in our ultimate package, that they worked us a deal and we bought everything plus they threw a 20"x30" canvas for an additional 1495.00.  May seem like a lot but after we had chosen the first round of photos we were still over by 200 pictures, which then at 15.00 dollars each....well you can imagine. lol So I don't regret it at all.  Photos were important to us and we wanted to be able to share them with everyone. Oh and then we also tipped Anel before we departed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If you don't mind me asking..what did you tip Anel?  We are doing Full Coverage because we aren't doing a Rehearsal Dinner or a TTD Session.  We also booked Anel..she has been amazing to work with even through email!!

 

Thanks,

Sarah
 

Originally Posted by latinive View Post


Hi.  Thank you. You're so kind.  We used Anel.  She is such a warm, fun person.  I had chosen her from seeing all the previous slideshows.  When we worked with her I just told her I was up for anything.  She is great.  Yes, I had her for both. As for pricing, we purchased the complete coverage package which cost 1499.00 and it includes 200 photos with the copyrights, the slideshow and a 80-100 photo album.  For us it was so hard to choose the 200 from a total of 790 shots plus 50 that were included in our ultimate package, that they worked us a deal and we bought everything plus they threw a 20"x30" canvas for an additional 1495.00.  May seem like a lot but after we had chosen the first round of photos we were still over by 200 pictures, which then at 15.00 dollars each....well you can imagine. lol So I don't regret it at all.  Photos were important to us and we wanted to be able to share them with everyone. Oh and then we also tipped Anel before we departed. 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tipped her 100 dollars.  I just loved her.
 

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post


If you don't mind me asking..what did you tip Anel?  We are doing Full Coverage because we aren't doing a Rehearsal Dinner or a TTD Session.  We also booked Anel..she has been amazing to work with even through email!!

 

Thanks,

Sarah
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone...I've been lurking around reading everyone's posts as I tried to make my decision, but I feel like I can join the conversaton now that we have officially decided on Dreams Riviera Cancun!!!  I'm so excited, and can't wait to start the planning!!  We are going to get married there in the beginning of June.  No official dates have been set yet.  I have a travel agent who got us some great rates! 

 

I'm so excited about this group--so many fantastic ideas!  I'm still catiching on to the "bridal lingo"...the first time I saw someone sent out "STD's" I was like "where am I?" but I'm catching on now...even talked to my Stepmom who's a photographer about the TTD session--she's super excited and has an unbelieable under water camera she can use!

 

Meet with the travel agent Monday to nail down our contract...any words of advice?!?

 

Go team DRC Bride!!

 

<3  Katie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

 

Hi again...

 

Did you do Symbolic or Legal Ceremony?

 

 

 

 

We were going to do a legal one but with looking at the hassle of paperwork, cost and blood test we decided to do it before we left.  We got legally married here at the judges office.  No one knows.  the judge used her assistant and receptionist as witnesses (LOL) To be honest, it didn't even feel like it.  It was so fast and simple.  In our hearts and mind all the emotions were on our symbolic wedding in Mexico.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome!!! We'll be getting married at DRC in early june too! 06-09-12 to be exact!! Happy planning.. this board has been amazing in helping us out so far!
 

Originally Posted by mrskatieperry View Post

Hi everyone...I've been lurking around reading everyone's posts as I tried to make my decision, but I feel like I can join the conversaton now that we have officially decided on Dreams Riviera Cancun!!!  I'm so excited, and can't wait to start the planning!!  We are going to get married there in the beginning of June.  No official dates have been set yet.  I have a travel agent who got us some great rates! 

 

I'm so excited about this group--so many fantastic ideas!  I'm still catiching on to the "bridal lingo"...the first time I saw someone sent out "STD's" I was like "where am I?" but I'm catching on now...even talked to my Stepmom who's a photographer about the TTD session--she's super excited and has an unbelieable under water camera she can use!

 

Meet with the travel agent Monday to nail down our contract...any words of advice?!?

 

Go team DRC Bride!!

 

<3  Katie



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ssapper...Did you have any trouble in picking your date or time?  How long have you had that day reserved?

 

Katie

 

Originally Posted by ssapper View Post

Hi and welcome!!! We'll be getting married at DRC in early june too! 06-09-12 to be exact!! Happy planning.. this board has been amazing in helping us out so far!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×