Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi Mrs. Steiger!

The link is having issues, I can't wait to see your photos. When  you click on it, its like the page isn't finished and you can't view anything, maybe the internet here at my job, is anyone else having trouble?  I'm Courtney BTW ladies lol

Originally Posted by futureMrs.S 2011 View Post

HERE'S OUR SLIDESHOW...... :)

http://240611steiger.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/ 

LindseyMichelle: 

Thank you!! Try to keep yourself relaxed.  I, too, stressed but it was all for nothing.  They really do know what they're doing and will try to do anything for you.  The weather was the only thing that was concerning me.  When we got down there, the forcast called for rain on my day but luckily it moved to the next day!!  The weather was hot during the day but by the time 6pm rolled around it was definitely cooler. (still very warm though). They were expecting a storm the week we were there.  It rained for about 10 minutes for the first two days we were there.  Then the sun came out, dried everything up and it was like it never rained at all!!!!  Luckily, on our day it rained for about 10 mins. in the morning while we were having breakfast and then that was it.  At night, the cocktail hour was kinda hot but as soon as we went to the pool deck, there was a beautiful breeze the entire night!!!  Just remember this....They kept telling us that the rain they were predicting is rare and when it normally rains, it isn't an all day thing.  Good luck with everything!!!!  cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by LindsayMichelle View Post

Evelyn, thank you for posting your slideshow! You looked absolutely stunning!! Everything looked so beautiful! Our wedding is in less than two weeks and we have a lot of things similar to yours..colors, chair bows, locations, even the same sand ceremony set :) I had been stressing lately with work and final planning details, but watching your slideshow made me so excited again!

I hope for weather as beautiful as yours!!! We are getting married around the same time.. how was the temperature?

Congrats again!!

Hi Courtney ,

Im not really sure...people have been commenting so maybe it's something with your internet??

As far as legal vs. symbolic.....we chose symbolic. It started to become too much of a hassle with having to be down there for so many days prior before getting married and then with having to get blood work done down there and finally it takes a really long time to finally get your certificate and then I heard it needs to be translated because its done in spanish that we both agreed to have a very very small ceremony at home and have a symbolic wedding in Mexico with family and friends.  For us, it was the best route!!!!

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

So what about legal weddings down there, has anyone heard about getting married legally there being a problem or are some of you getting married in the US? We are still trying to figure out what to do with this, we started off going all the way legal in MX, then heard you will have to wait months to get your lisense and the extra cost are not worth is trying to get it translated so we said, ok, we'll get married state side when we return but I don't know if I want to do that either hissyfit.gif

OMG!!!  I finally got to see it, with the crap internet we have here at work but the picture were gorgeous!  You had a beautiful ceremony. SOOOOOO YOU GOTTA TELL US.....Where did you get those shoes and where can i have them dyed that Royal Blue color one of your guest was wearing. That's one of my color, royal blue and silver, thining about throwing a third in there but I don't know what would look good with those 2 colors.....any suggestions ladies?

HERE'S OUR SLIDESHOW...... :)

http://240611steiger.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/ 

Ok good!  So we don't have to legally get married before the symbolic ceremony?  That's what we were told at first, but we thought it was a ploy to get us to get married down there. We wanted to just come back, rest up, go have breakfast one morning and just go get it done at the court house lol

Hi Courtney ,

Im not really sure...people have been commenting so maybe it's something with your internet??

As far as legal vs. symbolic.....we chose symbolic. It started to become too much of a hassle with having to be down there for so many days prior before getting married and then with having to get blood work done down there and finally it takes a really long time to finally get your certificate and then I heard it needs to be translated because its done in spanish that we both agreed to have a very very small ceremony at home and have a symbolic wedding in Mexico with family and friends.  For us, it was the best route!!!!

I bought my heels at zappos.com

They came in white and silver so my mom bought the silver ones and I got the white ones.  I took them to a local shoe store that dyes shoes and I brought my bridemaid's color swatch with me to make sure it was the same color.  If you have a swatch of the color, it would definitely help!

We actually had the legal ceremony a few weeks before we left.  It doesn't matter when you do it, they don't ask or anything like that.  There was a couple we went who got married before they left and didn't tell anyone what day they did it because they only wanted everyone to remember their special wedding date in Mexico.  I kinda like that idea.  Otherwise, people will ask- what is your wedding anniversary date and so on....We're using our wedding date in Mexico as our anniversary date.  It can get a bit confusing...hahahaa

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

OMG!!!  I finally got to see it, with the crap internet we have here at work but the picture were gorgeous!  You had a beautiful ceremony. SOOOOOO YOU GOTTA TELL US.....Where did you get those shoes and where can i have them dyed that Royal Blue color one of your guest was wearing. That's one of my color, royal blue and silver, thining about throwing a third in there but I don't know what would look good with those 2 colors.....any suggestions ladies?

How could I have forgotten about Zappos!?!?!  To Zappos I go. 

And exactly on the other topic, we were gonna keep it to ourselves and just off and do it, mostly because my dads one wish is to walk his daugthers down the isle...my kid sister was engaged to one guy, had a baby for him, he left for Iraq and she up and disappeared with my nephew and married her ex!  So that broke his heart and my mother asked that I never take that dream away from him and I won't, we'll just do it and it'll be our little secret between the 2 of us. Thanks for the advice and pic of your table decor, I just gotta think of centerpieces, buy my dress and Im done....I can't believe it! 

I bought my heels at zappos.com

They came in white and silver so my mom bought the silver ones and I got the white ones.  I took them to a local shoe store that dyes shoes and I brought my bridemaid's color swatch with me to make sure it was the same color.  If you have a swatch of the color, it would definitely help!

We actually had the legal ceremony a few weeks before we left.  It doesn't matter when you do it, they don't ask or anything like that.  There was a couple we went who got married before they left and didn't tell anyone what day they did it because they only wanted everyone to remember their special wedding date in Mexico.  I kinda like that idea.  Otherwise, people will ask- what is your wedding anniversary date and so on....We're using our wedding date in Mexico as our anniversary date.  It can get a bit confusing...hahahaa

I am so upset... I'm getting married in 19 days and I just got an email from Gina advising that they cannot offer the availability of El Patio Restaurant for our rehearsal dinner because their our occupancy is high.  I had reserved this over a year ago and ordered invitations for the rehearsal dinner for my guests advising it will be at El Patio.  They are trying to get me to change the location to the beach.  And they also want to change my location preferences for the cocktail hour from the Desires lounge to the pool terrace, where I requested to have my reception and my reception to the Pool Deck.. which I told them over 3 times that I didn't like the terrace because of the wooden floors, think it will be annoying for those ladies that have heels, and I'm afraid that sand from the beach will go into the food..    .  Mind you I reserved this   , and , and hissyfit.gif