Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

SDbeachgirl yeah I am curious about that too actually. Our ceremony and cocktail hour is at Secrets Maroma and if memory serves me right, it was an extra USD 2 per person to have a signature drink... our photographer Elizabeth Medina had photographed a couple of weddings with signature drinks and I agree it looks cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymason View Post
are there any recent pics of receptions and ceramonys at the dreams riviera really torn between dreams and spa palace
There aren't many unfortunately but if you check out the facebook fan page there are a few under Fan Photos. For example:

Wedding Gazebo:
Click the image to open in full size.

Private Reception setup on the pool deck:
Click the image to open in full size.

There are some older photos of the beach ceremony setup but this is going to be changing so we're all eager to see what the new arrangement there will look like!

Okay I just signed up on this site as of today, so I don't know what I am doing. I am getting married at the Dreams Riviera Cancun resort on Sept 18th 2010. I noticed there is another couple getting married on the same day. I want to some how get in contact with the other bride and see what time and where her locations are going to be held on our same day. Can anyone help mehuh.gif

Sarah

Thanks so much for posting the slideshow that's excellent!

I didn't notice many spectators for the ceremony - I wonder what time that wedding was...I'm getting married at 5:30 because the sun sets at 6:47 on my wedding day...and I'm thinking that if dinner usually starts at 6 most guests will be in thier rooms getting ready and not standing on the beach in thier bathing suits watching my ceremony...hopefully!

Random question - my reception is on the deck like the one in the slideshow - I haven't had a chance to ask Ana - but do you girls know if the lights in the palm trees would be an extra charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan24 View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this slideshow of a a wedding and reception. Ana just sent me this slideshow

DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN
Thanks Megan! That is great! It looks like they removed the lounge chairs underneith the palapas! I'm so happy! I also didn't realize we would be walking down those stairs. I pictured having to walk behind the bar around around the palapas to get to where the aisle was. So this is good....as long as I don't trip down the stairs. Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
Thanks so much for posting the slideshow that's excellent!

I didn't notice many spectators for the ceremony - I wonder what time that wedding was...I'm getting married at 5:30 because the sun sets at 6:47 on my wedding day...and I'm thinking that if dinner usually starts at 6 most guests will be in thier rooms getting ready and not standing on the beach in thier bathing suits watching my ceremony...hopefully!

Random question - my reception is on the deck like the one in the slideshow - I haven't had a chance to ask Ana - but do you girls know if the lights in the palm trees would be an extra charge?
The lights in the palm trees are permanent and are there when there is not a wedding. I believe for the reception they use tiki torches. It is free with the ultimate package. I"m not sure if you have to rent them for other packages. We also are going to pay $30 per table (I think) for lights underneith and are looking into the lit up dance floor. I want to make sure there is enough lights! Though the bride in the slide show didn't have any extra lights and it was actually lighter in the photos than I had pictured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegraapple View Post
Interesting. We are looking at Dreams Riviera as a potential spot - but we haven't made the official decision yet. I'd also be interested to find out if they do more than 1 wedding/day there. Any info would help!!
I believe they have one wedding in the morning and one at night. The receptions can be at the same time though.