Sign in to follow this  
cogswellgray

Dreams punta cana -vs- majestic colonial

I need help! We stayed last year at Dreams for my sisters wedding and now my fiance is extensively comparing every resort to Dreams. We're getting married October 2010 and as beautiful as Dreams was, I would like a change of scenerie!

So, if any of you have been to both or would recommend Majestic or another resort OVER Dreams....even vice versa! Dreams over Majestic??

Help me out! Thanks!

Cogswell gray- you are not alone on this one!! We were pretty sure we wanted Dreams, but now we are starting to second guess ourselves and are wondering if Majestic Colonial would be better!! I will be waiting the comparison of these resorts too, since our wedding is slated for late june/ early july 2010!

Hi Ladies!

We, too, are debating between Dreams and Majestic. We are also thinking October 2010 and I was hoping we would be able to take a trip to DR this fall to look at both places before we book, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I've been doing tons of research online but I still can't decide!

Hey GIRLS...ME TOO!!! I'm looking for OCT 2010...and i'm in the SAME EXACT BOAT. The trip advisor reviews for DREAMS SUCK! now, i'm double thinking it. Ugh. I hate this. Whats the date for you girls?

Hi girls. While we're not getting married in the DR, we did go to Majestic Colonial on vacation a couple years ago and it was beautiful! We absolutely loved it, so much so that we got their wedding package info while we were there!

They have a gazebo ceremony area in the middle of the property as well as a small chapel and a pretty beach set-up. We saw a couple of weddings while we were there (and a proposal on the beach) and they looked lovely. And from the info I had it seemed like a really good value.

This isn't really wedding-related, but the food was great overall with lots of options & the service was absolutely fantastic! I ended up getting really sick and FI went to the onsite doctor's office & pharmacy, who were extremely helpful, & got me meds. Also, when I couldn't leave the room to eat FI was able to go to the buffet & bring back soup & stuff even though they don't usually allow that. And it's got probably the best pool I've ever been to! It's ginormous w/ tons of palapas & chairs and you never feel cramped.

I have some pics of the ceremony locations I could post if those of you who haven't been there would like to see. Just let me know.

Punta Cana is a beautiful location so I'm sure you can't go wrong either way. Good luck deciding!!

OMG Me too!! We were sure we wanted the Dreams Punta Cana because they had the kids stay for free deal, but after looking up on their website that it does not apply to group rates.. So now we think we want the Majestic Colonial as it has a little Chapel inside and everything seems so great...I've contacted my (possible) wedding planner..let's see what she has to say in regards to the price difference as the Majestic doesn't include the dinner reception on their wedding package.

I'll keep you all posted!

Dressa

This is so exciting! I love this website! Its so nice having other people in the same boat as you!

Well since i first started this post, Im pretty sure we're settled on Dreams. Its kid friendly and Ive been there before and its absolutly amazing! The reason i was considering Majestic was because it reminded me most of Dreams. I got good advice from the knot DW boards, and one bride told me that if my fiance was absolutly set on doing it at dreams, then just let him have it. This one thing, i get everything else.

So i see there are other brides considering oct 2010 too!! Im thinking Oct 16th but i havent sent my info into the wedding planner yet so it might not be available anymore. Check out the dreams pc thread!

Whos my wedding twin?!

MexicoBeachBride - i have a question about a site visit. Is this something you have to pay full price for or can you get a deal because your getting married there?