Photo

Concerns with Bringing Rings to Wedding?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 faithers81

faithers81
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

i am getting married in Mexico and I was wondering if anyone is having concerns bringing their real wedding rings? We are not having a legal ceremony down there. Is everyone bringing their real rings?

#2 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
    • 307 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

I have heard some people say they even scuba dive with them on-eep! but if it were me, I'd leave them at home. Too much can go wrong!

#3 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

We are definitely taking our rings. Im a true believer that the safest place for your rings is on your finger at all times! I never take mine off. If someone wants to steal it from me while im in mexico, they are going to have to fight me first

#4 mich999

mich999
        • 386 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

We brought our real rings - never considered otherwise. We wore our wedding band son the plane there, though, so someone couldn't steal them out of our luggage or purse and put the bands in the hotel safe when we got there, along with our passports.

#5 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,921 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yes, bring your real wedding rings.
            Just lock them up in the safe when they are not being worn. Things go wrong, sometimes. But that's anywhere. That's life.

#6 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

I agree with keeping them on your finger! Someone would have to take my finger before they take my ring!

#7 Carie

Carie
              • 65 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

We took our rings; I am with you girls they are safest on our finger! Plus I really wanted them for our pictures!

#8 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                • 653 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Oooh, good point about the pictures!

#9 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                  • 612 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

I thought about this as well and we were debating whether to bring them, but...
                    We decided we wanted our real rings in our weddings photo - that was really the deciding the factor & like Kate said, they have safes in the rooms so you can always lock it up in there if you are going on an excursion.
                    I was going to have my wedding band and ring sautered (spell correctly?) together, but I figure keep them separate so that if you want to just wear your wedding band, you can wear it by itself.
                    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#10 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                    • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

We brought ours, but reluctantly. I had the last trustworthy travelsmart person in my group bring them in and take them out in order to keep them out of the country as much as possible (we stayed for 2 weeks). They stayed in the safe the entire time except for our wedding day, when I was wearing them. I had a special "travel band" made so that I can always have a wedding band, regardless of where I am. If I had to do it again, I would probably leave it at home. I understand that if I make myself a target people will take advantage of it, and running around on the beach in a third world country with a 2 carat diamond on my hand is asking for trouble. If nothing else, it could fall off in the water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users