Destination Scout
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Yay! I'm so glad it's working for you.

#32 estella1007

estella1007
    • 475 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

Here's some more info about this! I can only assume that this bride is the one who wrote that testimonial found earlier this week.
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43565

#33 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
      • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

I'm really sorry for all the things you are going through it's so horrible so close to your date. I can relate. I put a couple 1,000$ deposit down for a home wedding when my FI realized how much the wedding was going to cost. But my dad was in the hospital and I didn't know if he was going to make it, coudn't make the decision to do destination if my dad couldn't be there (let along be alive) so finaly he made it, we decided to cut our lost with our deposit and book in Jamaica. wow I was relieved!! then a bride came back from having her wedding there, the whole wedding guest got ill before their wedding, they were on IV drips!!! I couldn't bring friends and family there. So I had to cancel. Now at Grand Palladium couldn't be happier!

I bought a church dress first before knowing we were doing destination. So I bought another dress for the evening to be cooler. I got it for real cheap but it was a size 12 I am a bridal 6. The seamstress has no prolbems fixing it, only taking 3 weeks! so don't worry about the dress.

Good luck with everything. No matter where your wedding happenes it'll be amazing, and you'll be married (really it's the only thing that matters!!) xxoox
        http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
        Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
        Happily ever after...

#34 estella1007

estella1007
        • 475 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

So I went and saw my venue today. I am in love!!!! It is so amazing and I am actually thrilled that I am having a wedding here now! I will be sure to post pics of it all!

#35 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
          • 1,619 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
            Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
            Happily ever after...

#36 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
            • 475 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

I am so glad it is working out for you. You sound really happy with your decision and that is all that matters. The place looks amazing, and I'm sure the wedding will be fabulous. And, in terms of the alternations - I can't think of a better reason for a dress to need that much altering - congratulations!

I used a local photographer for my DW and I checked out another photographer from the area for my DW, so...if you are still looking for one and need any recommendations let me know...
              Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#37 estella1007

estella1007
              • 475 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
                I am so glad it is working out for you. You sound really happy with your decision and that is all that matters. The place looks amazing, and I'm sure the wedding will be fabulous. And, in terms of the alternations - I can't think of a better reason for a dress to need that much altering - congratulations!

I used a local photographer for my DW and I checked out another photographer from the area for my DW, so...if you are still looking for one and need any recommendations let me know...
                I am still looking for a photographer! Who did you use?

#38 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

Yay Estella thats so great!! How does your FI feel about the new place :) Im glad everything is coming into place for you!

#39 estella1007

estella1007
                  • 475 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:05 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by YaelM
                    Yay Estella thats so great!! How does your FI feel about the new place :) Im glad everything is coming into place for you!
                    He actually loved it! He's all excited about it now. The place offered us the most incredible deal. As bad as this is, another bride canceled her wedding on October 2nd this past week, which freed up that day for us. We got almost the full wedding package for less than half the price! We also found gorgeous linen suits on clearance for 80% off at Kohls today. I don't want to jinx myself, but it seems like this was meant to be!

#40 brandynd

brandynd
                    • 221 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:13 AM

Wow, it's unfortunate that things had to unfold that way for you, but everything happens for a reason, and the site that you got is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm sure your wedding is going to be beautiful!!
                      There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users