• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#341 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

congrats on the losses girls. just want to direct you all to the biggest loser challenge which is finally going to start up on september 23rd.

http://bestdestinati....142#post978684

there is no money on the line this season, just the glory of being the biggest loser and a special avatar/banner for the winner.

the biggest benefits of participating: accountability, and motivation from your fellow ladies!

i've been holding off starting this diet forever because i wanted to do it for biggest loser. my only problem is weigh-ins are wednesdays, and isn't that a crappy day to have as cheat day? i assume most of you do cheat day on the weekend. i'm sure you're all guilty of weighing midweek right? how has your mid-week weight compared to morning-of-cheat-day weight?

#342 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

Coug - My mid-week weight is significantly different from my cheat day (saturday) weigh-in. Because of the cycling of low and high glycemic index foods in this diet, your weight fluctuates quite a bit depending on the day and time of day. My plan for BL7 was to use my Saturday weigh-in as the wednesday # if that's ok. It will be my most recent and accurate weigh-in so I don't see why I can't do it. I dunno. Am I making sense?

#343 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

Same thing with me. I always weigh more on the wednesday than sat. I think that Kathy has a good idea, if it's allowed in the rules.

For everyone else, congrats on your weight losses!!!

I didn't lose weight last week, but back on track this week so I'm hoping to see more progress.

Keep up the great work ladies! I'm on my 7th week. If I can do this, then so can you!!

#344 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

kathy i just saw your posts here and in the BL7 thread and i don't see why it would be a problem. not sure why i didn't think of it myself, lol.

#345 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

haha thanks Coug! :) I don't know, I don't see why it should be a problem. I'll use my saturday weigh-in # from the saturday BEFORE the wednesday if that makes sense.

For example:

I'll weigh in on Sept 19/09 and I'll send Ginalyn that # on Wednesday, Sept 23/09 when BL7 starts. That should work, shouldn't it?

#346 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

yep exactly kathy. really no one has any way of knowing which day your weight is from. like i'm sure there's been times in the past 6 seasons where someone was going to be out of town on wednesday and just made sure they took their weight whenever feasible, kwim?

#347 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
              • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Well girls, Im officially on board. Today was day 2. I did grocery shopping yesterday to prepare myself. Ill see how I feel in a few days :)

Wish I liked cottage cheese! I cant even stomach it.

#348 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Hey what did you guys use for your protein shakes?

#349 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                    Well girls, Im officially on board. Today was day 2. I did grocery shopping yesterday to prepare myself. Ill see how I feel in a few days :)

Wish I liked cottage cheese! I cant even stomach it.
                    I have been living on cottage cheese! I have a really hard time with low carb because I don't really like meat that much!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                    Hey what did you guys use for your protein shakes?
                    I have body fortress in vanilla flavor, it's not great, but I can tolerate it, I just don't use too much water and I chug it.

So I'm into my second week, as I type I'm sitting her with a plate of chicken sausage peppers & onions. So happy tomorrow is a low gi/gl day!

So I had a really bad day today, time wise. I went to look at cars around noon time and didn't grab any lunch before hand. Well, I think the finance people forgot about me because I was there for HOURS!! My the time I walked back into my house it was after 7pm, so I didn't eat anything from 9 this morning until now.

I know that's not good, because we're supposed to eat frequently, but I'm not sure if I should eat a few proteins and a few fats during this meal or just forget it.

#350 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
                    • 583 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:34 AM

Well ladies, I'm FINALLY going to start! I downloaded the pdf AGES ago, and have been too stressed out my arse to do anything about it due to these stupid A+ certification exams for school. Well, I wrote my second exam today and I PASSED! I'm so excited I could jump over the moon So I think I'll start on Monday ^_^

Any other alternative to these protein shakes? Or is everyone basically just suffering through it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users