• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#321 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010
    I am having issues. On my low card days I am very tired. I know that sounds odd, but I was wonder if my body needs a little bit of cards. I have been on the low carb for a little of 3 weeks now and body is not likeing it. Being that I have been doing it for 3 weeks I don't think it is my in shock anymore. Before I started this the only carbs I really ate were 100% wheat bread and potatoes once or twice a week with my dinners. I was not able to give up fruit. I'm just not sure why I am so tired. I take a b-12 pill every morning and i take a vitamin on top of that, which is high in Iron.
    Did you just start the diet 3 weeks ago? Why are you doing only low carb? after the first week it's supposed to alternate between low carb days, low GI/GL, and high GI/GL, right?

A few months ago I was getting ready for a wedding that we had to attend and a couple weeks before I started doing no carbs, just to lose a quick 10 pounds before the wedding. I felt great the first few days, tons of energy, but towards the end I got really tired, I couldn't even keep up with my workouts at the gym. I know they say it's supposed to give you more energy, but maybe my body doesn't agree with that.

#322 finzup

finzup
    • 468 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010
      I am having issues. On my low card days I am very tired. I know that sounds odd, but I was wonder if my body needs a little bit of cards. I have been on the low carb for a little of 3 weeks now and body is not likeing it. Being that I have been doing it for 3 weeks I don't think it is my in shock anymore. Before I started this the only carbs I really ate were 100% wheat bread and potatoes once or twice a week with my dinners. I was not able to give up fruit. I'm just not sure why I am so tired. I take a b-12 pill every morning and i take a vitamin on top of that, which is high in Iron.
      are you eating the low carb for 3 weeks? you shouldn't be more than 6 days in a row of low carb -- for priming phase it's only 6 days of low carb, then 7 days of alternating low carb / low gi, then 6 days of low gi...
      plus on the low carb days you can eat veggies and stuff which have some natural sugars... on the low gi days you can eat a piece of wheat bread and fruit,etc...

are you getting enough sleep? is it good sleep?

-Katie
      Have you met Alice?
      http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#323 finzup

finzup
      • 468 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
        Just popping in to say that my weigh-in on Sept 5/09 was the same as the week before...no loss. I am going back to an all low-carb setup 6 days/week as it seems to be the only thing that works for me. That and I ended up having a cheat day on Sunday too since we were out of town and pretty much gave up. My weigh-in will probably suck again this week. Sigh!
        oooh keep me posted with that.. I am on week 1 of core and doing it by the book but if i don't lose I am going to switch it around as well...

do you know approx how many calories/day you are consuming? is it possible you're not eating enough and your body is going into starvation mode? I worry about that bc I'm only eating 1000-1200 calories/day but the meals every 3 hours is supposed to combat that I thought?

-Katie
        Have you met Alice?

#324 mrsgtobe

mrsgtobe
        • 153 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

Can't wait to be able to download this and give it a try!! Thanks!!
          Dee

http://ticker.7910.o....WVuZCBpbiA.gif

#325 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

2 more days of low carb and then I can have some fruit!! Yippee!

It really hasn't been that bad, I think today was the first day I really wanted to eat something other than protein. I've never been a huge meat eater, but I will eat it as part of a meal, but it's hard when you're eating it sort of, alone. I kind of have to choke it down. I've been eating a lot of cottage cheese.

I do have a question because I can't remember and I'm too lazy to read back through the whole packet right now. But am I supposed to weigh myself this weekend? On what would normally be my cheat day? or am I supposed to wait until priming is over?

How's everyone else doing?

#326 finzup

finzup
            • 468 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TA Jill
              2 more days of low carb and then I can have some fruit!! Yippee!

It really hasn't been that bad, I think today was the first day I really wanted to eat something other than protein. I've never been a huge meat eater, but I will eat it as part of a meal, but it's hard when you're eating it sort of, alone. I kind of have to choke it down. I've been eating a lot of cottage cheese.

I do have a question because I can't remember and I'm too lazy to read back through the whole packet right now. But am I supposed to weigh myself this weekend? On what would normally be my cheat day? or am I supposed to wait until priming is over?

How's everyone else doing?
              I think you are supposed to do it every week (saturday AM) ... of course if you want to wait you could do that too....

priming phase week 3 and core week 1 have been slow for me --although I have been weighing myself every day which I know is a no no so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post officially....

ok stick with it - -- only a few more days until fruit and beans !

-Katie
              Have you met Alice?

#327 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
              • 2,287 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

yeah I'm having a shitty couple of eating days. The FI and I went out last night and what I ate did not agree with me and made me sick. I had some chicken fingers with yam fries (I know, bad me!!). Anyhow, today wasn't better as I went to my bff's to help with unpacking and she got pizza for lunch. Oh how my body isn't enjoying that too much. All in all, I have not lost any weight in the last few days, infact, I gained almost 2 pounds when I weighed myself this morning UGH!! Anyway, I'm trying not to let this get to me, and I know that the eating will not always be perfect, but man, it's disapointing.

I'm outta here until sun night so I hope that you all have a great weekend. To those of you who have a cheat day tomorrow, WOO HOO!!!!!!

#328 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

Lisaloo - eh, life gets in the way some times so you can't eat perfectly 24/7, don't beat yourself up just get back on the horse! :) And I LOOOOVE yam fries! The 2 lbs you "gained" is probably just water weight from retention and will probably drop right off when your eating is "normal" again. No worries!!

#329 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

yam fries are the freakin' best!!!!!

#330 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                    • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

they really are! I forgot to say that I laughed at your body's reaction to the junk, that's how I feel every cheat day! I still love cheat day though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users