Photo

I give up!!!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 kerbear99

kerbear99
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

Oh Goodness that was the funniest thing I've heard! My sides are sore from laughing so hard.

#12 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
    • 168 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:01 AM

Hi guys - i got another suggestion from one of my friends from college....STILTS! HA!
      "Formerly goNDmay9"
      "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
      http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#13 Vikki

Vikki
      • 807 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

I am so curious about the origin of that particular "rule". You're right though, it's just so ridiculous you can't help but laughing about it. Even though it's throwing a monkey wrench in the plans.

Good luck and make sure to post if you find out where that comes from.

You know....that got me thinking, my godfather is one of those catholics that knows EVERYTHING about the symbolic origins and particular doctrines of anything to do with the religion as well as other faiths. I'm going to try and find his email and ask if he's ever heard of that.

#14 Christy335

Christy335
        • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

Vikki - let us know. My Grandma was the same way. It's sad that I don't have her around for these types of questions anymore. But I bet she knows ALL the answers now!

#15 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

If they are wearing shoes, then technically their feet would be protected from touching the sand, right?

#16 nikicrosby

nikicrosby
            • 230 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Ok....now you guys have me curious.....I am hoping someone finds the answer as to why!

#17 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
              • 475 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

Okay - I have no idea about the sand rule...we catholics are a little wierd. then again several years back, a friend of a friend wanted to get married outside but have a catholic ceremony. She was told that the priest could only marry her in a church becuase the ground on which the ceremony would be performed has to be consectrated.
                Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#18 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
                • 168 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

i asked my nanny (my grandmother ) and she had never heard of such a rule! Vikki - definitely let us know what your grandfather tells you!!!

personally, i think that is has to do with what jamiaca0619 said. i bet it has nothing to do with "sand" per se (also - from the pictures, the gazebo is in the grass - HELLO) but with consecrated ground. just like a priest won't perform the ceremony on non-consecrated ground, after you receive communion, i bet you have to stay on the gazebo, because it must be the only thing that is consecrated or something.

oh yea - someone gave me another suggestion - a catholic wheelbarrow! we could paint it and everything! he he. but where would we wheel everyone?? and wouldn't that be a sight to see on the baggage claim carousel??
                  "Formerly goNDmay9"
                  "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
                  http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#19 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                  • 5,521 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

bahaha that is quite funny. being a catholic I have never heard of this.and they def didnt teach us that in my catholic highschool or ccd growing up! Why put a church or anything catholic related near sand if you can not walk on it after communion?!

#20 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
                    • 583 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

Beach Wedding? - Catholic Answers Forums

I did a quick search and that's what I found. Apparently a marriage isn't valid unless it is performed inside a Catholic church, and doing a church wedding followed by a "symbolic" ceremony is a big no-no. I have no idea, I'm not Catholic, in fact I was raised Anglican lol. I'm going by what I read on that board.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and the wheelbarrow idea? PRICELESS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users