Paper cones or organza bags for throwing rose petals

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sperger

• Banned
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

For those of you who have thrown rose petals at the wedding, do you think I should go with paper cones, or little bags of some sort? If you went one way over the other, was it price? DIY reasons?
    Do you think I should make them for each guest, or put a basket / pail type of container at the end of the aisle? We are hoping to have approx. 40 guests.

#2 MaryS

• 313 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

I am going to be doing cones. What I did was by doilies and making my own cones.

#3 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
      • 307 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

if you use cones, people can toss them all at once whereas a bag would require reaching in and then throwing. I like the cone idea myself, you can personalize that so much more

#4 JCruz

• 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

I haven't had experience with either, but I would think that the organza bags would be easier since they require no assembly. Paper would probably work out to be cheaper though. I like the idea of the paper cone being able to toss all of the petals at once.

#5 whitechocolate

• 127 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

I'm torn between the cones and the organza bags. The bags would travel better and require less work, but as others have said the cones would allow for more personalization and for the guests to throw the petals all at once. How's that for a helpful answer? Oops :)

#6 PetitRouge

• 174 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

Hi all!
              i think i am going to do cones. My family and i were laughing that we were going to have a craft day by the pool to do last minute wedding stuff! Once i decide on a colour scheme then i will be able to pick out the paper and the color of petals!! should be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users