Photo

Starfish - need them for table setting

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 shiplandsafish

shiplandsafish
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi there - I've noticed a lot of brides with starfish decor at the ceremony or reception. I've found some here at Michael's but they're $6.95 CDN each which is a ridiculous price! Does anyone know if there's a place in Cabo to buy starfish for the table displays? It would save room in my suitcase too if I don't have to bubblewrap and pack them. I need about 20 more for the tables. Anyone familiar with somewhere in Cabo that carries them?

#2 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
    • 307 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

I found small bags for $1 yesterday at Michael's in their $1 area. If you can't find any reasonable ones you might check those out again

#3 saltocoach

saltocoach
      • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

There is a small shop in the mall in Cabo that sell shells (that's a tongue twister :) ). I can't remember the name but I know that it's in the same wing as Versace...Sad that I remember that isn't it. I bought the shells that I have in my display there. They have lots of variety. Oh...and there's always Walmart.

#4 shiplandsafish

shiplandsafish
        • 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

Thanks Anita. You must be getting excited - only 3 months left!

#5 saltocoach

saltocoach
          • 235 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

Excited and a bit stressed. The closer I get to the date the more I find that I haven't done!

#6 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
            • 734 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

oriental trading company sells starfish...you get 30 in a package for 4.99. They range in size with 2" being the largest.
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
              http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#7 farrahla

farrahla
              • 58 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

Yes, I wanted the white finger starfish. My planners said it would be easier to find them in the states, to get exactly what you like. They are pretty expensive, I think the big ones were like 3.99 per starfish. So I found smaller ones on e-bay and ordered them. It would be great if you find them in Mexico, but you may not want that stress when you get there. Good luck.

#8 Love3

Love3
                • 785 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

i found some starfish at a store called Clair De Lune. I think there were 6 in a pack for $8.99 plus they had buy one get one half price!! Pretty good. Not the big white ones, they were medium size. Decorative Candles | Aromatic Lamps | Home Fragrance | Clair de Lune
                  ~Heather~

#9 Love3

Love3
                  • 785 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

I saw the ones in Michaels's and thought they were too expensive too especially when you need a few!! The ones I got don't look like them
                    ~Heather~

#10 shiplandsafish

shiplandsafish
                    • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

The flower shop I am dealing with in Cabo was willing to "rent" them to me for the evening for $3/starfish, but I actually ended up buying a bunch from a bride in the buy/sell section of this website for a great price!! Thanks for all the tips!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users