Sign in to follow this  
SheaS

Package price???

I am not sure where I should have started this thread.... But anyways my question is:

How much did your guests pay to come to your wedding, and for how many nightshuh.gif

We were originally thinking that it would be about 1000.00 per person for 4 nights, and my travel agent just called and told me that the rates right now are between 1250.00 and 1305.00 for four nights at EDR. This scares me! I wasn't expecting this, and we are already in the planning process ( and put the deposit down) for January 19th. I think this is a lot to ask my siblings and even my wedding party to pay to come to my wedding.... especially for only 4 nights! I was just wondering if this is pretty typical, or low, or really highhuh.gif!!!?

Thanks-

For January I think it's pretty typical. January-March are typically expensive in the RM.

Our location is in Jamaica...BUT for 3 nights (which is what most of our guests are doing) it's $960/couple in the standard room and airfare is approximately $450 per person - so that's $930pp. I have other friends who are staying 5 nights and with airfare they are paying $2500-ish (per couple) - $1250pp.

It seems like it would be fairly typical. That is a popular time of year for that part of the country. Maybe somehow you guys can get a good deal on a flight to help bring the cost down??

I guess since it is AI... I just know our guests are going to flip!

Our air is already at 350.00 per person for a direct flight.... and I think coming from Minnesota that is about as good as it is going to get. I really just don't get it though since it was 986.00 per person when I looked last fall for the same date.

Am I slow when it comes to other people's destination weddings?! lol. When my cousin sent us an invite, the price tag on the trip was $2500 to El Dorado Royale, and I didn't think twice! I thought that was a pretty good price considering almost everything is included! Her "wedding" (it was cancelled but we all still went!) was in March and we traveled from Canada. I think that's a pretty good price. When people think about what they would normally pay for a vacation with food and drinks and some activities - that's a pretty good price in comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
Am I slow when it comes to other people's destination weddings?! lol. When my cousin sent us an invite, the price tag on the trip was $2500 to El Dorado Royale, and I didn't think twice! I thought that was a pretty good price considering almost everything is included! Her "wedding" (it was cancelled but we all still went!) was in March and we traveled from Canada. I think that's a pretty good price. When people think about what they would normally pay for a vacation with food and drinks and some activities - that's a pretty good price in comparison!

so was that 1250.00 per person? and how many nights? This really is reassuring me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaa View Post
so was that 1250.00 per person? and how many nights? This really is reassuring me!!
No, no... $2500 per person! It hurt a bit, but it was a fun trip! That makes your quoted price look good though, doesn't it?!

Edited to add: It was the cost for the flights from Canada that really hurt us though, I don't remember how much the breakdown was (flights, room etc), but I do remember the flights being pretty high.

I've been quoted $2100 for the standard room for 7 nights. coming from Calgary/Edmonton. includes everything (even taxes). But that was is for May

It sounds to me like the pricing is about right from what I have been quoted.

But don't forget - you are getting a great resort. all other resorts, IMO that were close in quality to it in the area were much more expensive (ie at least $2500_