Any recent brides notice if the resort

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

was busy or not ...

I see their rates are low through Christmas ..wondering if the recession has something to do with that .. and hoping they will keep dropping through March lol

#2 yumyum90

yumyum90
    • 183 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Some other brides have posted that recently the resort has been busy, a bride in june even mentioned it being pretty booked due to the whole mexico swine flu thing. Christmas is considered peak season so if the rates are still low then thats awesome! I hope they stay that way too.

#3 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
      • 211 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

It's my understanding it is always slower thru Hurricane season..which runs from June 1 to November 30th... which is why we bought travel insurance..(fingers crossed we don't need it!).

#4 honeesweetie4u

honeesweetie4u
        • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

I am not sure but I made my decission to book RIU for our wedding because of the recession. I was thinking that would be best for our budget. I had the oppurtunity to visit riu for vacation in May and although they were busy. The brides that were there were clearly not comfortable with the rush through planners there. There are so many wedings go on at the same time or over lapping that it just seems so rushed to me. I want a relaxed experiance for myself and my guest (48 booked family and friends). I had booked my event there but I couldnt speak with the planner to ask some questions about my details "in person". I am a hands on person and I am just not feeling the "no problem" attitude of the person I am trusting with my day. I know it works for some but just not my thing. Luckily I found a planner in Negril (Elite Upscale Weddings only wedding supply store in all of Negril)and I am pleased so far. I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks. (Aug 15)! In no way am I knocking or trying to make anyone nervous I am just sharing my experiance. Also Sun Gold Photography is great. I met with the owner Paula and she is phenominal!

Good Luck to everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users