Photo

RIU free wedding -- cost for extra people

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 SSNM

SSNM
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

Anyone recieve a quote on the cost for extra people to be included in the free wedding package?

#2 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
    • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

There is a thread already for this. Have you also downloaded the PDF files from the website? It has the info for free/classic, etc. I do believe if not mistaken that it is a maximum of 50 people or something like that.

#3 SSNM

SSNM
      • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

I have not found this thread after multiple searches. It is probably hidden in another thread with a different name? If you know which one, please tell.

I do not have enough points yet to download anything so if there was a download for this I would not be eligible yet.

#4 kdnicholer21

kdnicholer21
        • Banned
        • 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

If you email the wedding Chadelyn she will give you that information. There is alot of confusion going around some say that if you have more than 20 people you cant get the free package others say you just pay the difference.

#5 SSNM

SSNM
          • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

I've already sent an email to one of the RIU's and I am awaiting their response. I figured in the meantime, someone somewhere on this site already got this question answered; I still can't find the post that was previously mentioned. It must be hidden in another topic...

#6 SSNM

SSNM
            • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by YoursTruly
              There is a thread already for this. Have you also downloaded the PDF files from the website? It has the info for free/classic, etc. I do believe if not mistaken that it is a maximum of 50 people or something like that.
              If you are referring to the weddings by riu website, they only seem to have 2009 brochures available; the 2010 (when I plan to get married) are not yet available.

#7 SSNM

SSNM
              • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

Okay found the thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t46285

Thanks.

#8 Jen2113

Jen2113
                • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hi- I asked the same question and received this response from the RIU: The Free wedding includes cake and champagne for 20 people- you pay for extra people for those two things. There is no additional per person charge for the free wedding (still cost $350); just the above additional cost of champagne/cake per person. I also think if you have over 30 people, you have to book a private reception? It may be 40 people- there is some cutoff for semi-private reception.

#9 SSNM

SSNM
                  • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Jen! I'll try to fill in the holes as soon as I get a response. I read on some other threads that said the cut off was 50 but then they may have been for 2009 packages and not 2010...not too sure.

#10 SSNM

SSNM
                    • 675 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Okay so I just got an email back from RIU in Dominican Republic that has the following description of the free wedding package for 2010 brides:

"Free Wedding Package: Only at the ClubHotel Riu Bachata; available with the booking of
                      5 rooms. There is no limit on the amount of guests for the Free Package (up to the
                      maximum capacity), just as long as 80% of them stay at the resort where the wedding will be held."

Having said that, in the email I was told I would be informed of the price when I talk to the wedding coordinator at the resort...so a bit of a mystery...I guess we will know for sure when 2010 rolls around and we start seeing what other brides experienced.

As for the "maximum capacity" it said lower down in the brochure that it is 60 people. This seemed to apply to any package you go with free or not, but I'll just post what I got send and let the reader decide.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users