Photo

my face is always shining! (shiny face)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

My face is really oily too and I use MAC blotting powder also. Do you do facials at all? I find my face is worse when I'm due for one. They do miracles for my skin!

#12 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hmmm, I've actually never had a facial. My husband owns a salon though, and always tells me to make an appt. I guess I have to make it a priority. I'll check back in here with what I purchase and of course give updates with what I think about the products...

#13 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
      • 417 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

I have the same problem...so thanks for posting this! I am definitely going to try some of these products. Btw what is a great moisturizer that doesn't make your face look too oily/shiny??

#14 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
        • 387 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by courtney_b00
          I have the same problem...so thanks for posting this! I am definitely going to try some of these products. Btw what is a great moisturizer that doesn't make your face look too oily/shiny??
          I've been told by both dermatologists I've seen in my life that if you have oily skin (or your face tends to be shiny/oily by the end of the day) that you may not need a moisturizer. I never used a moisturizer until I turned 30 and my skin dried out a bit. Hope this helps:)
          Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#15 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
          • 165 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by courtney_b00
            I use Hydrating Lotion (in green bottle) by AVEDA. It's awesome!

#16 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
            • 417 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

Seriously? I had always heard that no matter if your skin is oily, you should always use moisturizer. Who knows though..those kind of things always change. I feel like my face is dry though but then it looks oily..it's weird but I might give that AVEDA stuff a try..thanks!

#17 calchik

calchik
              • 166 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

i use the clear and clean blotter papers too, pretty gross when it's see through cuz i'm so oily by the end of the day

i got this HD translucent powder for my wedding and it worked great. no shinyness and makes your skin feel silky smooth. i was aiming for bare minerals but the sephora ppl talked me into this since i couldn't tell them how dark i was going to be tanned by my wedding day

Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder: Loose Powder

#18 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

Carly- I think the shine after you wash your face is a good thing. Mine does too- it's more of a "glow" but I love the way it looks- squeaky clean! But for the shine thing, YES I have that problem. My skin is an oily/dry combo. Soooo annoying.

My recommendations- try some blotting paper. I LOVE it. I got mine at The Body Shop. I use it nearly every afternoon and I'm in gross awe of what it takes off my skin.

Maybe try an astringent? It's suppose to cut down oil on your skin. I will have to check out that lemon tip too. That sounds refreshing! But I also wonder if the acid from the lemon is too harsh. I will research that!

I also can't believe you don't wear a foundation. Your skin is beautiful! You are lucky girl.
                  Happily married since 2008

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

Ohhhh, that "makeup forever hd" seems perfect, exactly what I was looking for! I am such a sucker that I bought it as soon as I read the description.

And thanks, Rach! I get the occasional blemishes but all in all, I guess my skin is ok, other then this stupid shine!

#20 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
                    • 304 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:34 AM

:) I am a shiny gal, as well, but with a good skin routine, you can't go wrong! Toner or astringent for oily skin is an absolute must! DDF has a great one that I use night and day, with glycolic acid, but pricey it is! There are definitely cheaper substitutes for an astringent, which basically helps deep clean pores, which also helps with oiliness. I do disagree that you can skip moisturizer, as it is imperative all skin types get moisture, even if you have naturally oily skin. There are plenty of mattifying lotions and moisturizers for face, I love Matte Scientist from Origins...they also give free facials, they would give you really great advice on all your skin care needs!!

Best of luck on your search, there are great foundation/makeup threads going already! here's one you can check out

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42079

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users