August 2010 Brides!
Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:12 PM
Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:21 PM
We got engaged two weeks ago in the Eiffel Tower, in Vegas , and already booked our hotel & wedding and have a deposit on our STD's! We are working on airfare right now but are not sure if we should wait to see if rates are going to come down a bit... oh well...
Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:39 AM
I am super excited! I am getting married Aug 14, 2010 on a cruise in Miami...Can't wait.
Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:12 PM
Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:21 PM
| Originally Posted by randp8910 |
Hi Ladies! I am so glad this thread is growing! We just got back from doing site inspections at Riviera Maya, and I'm sad to say I feel like we are starting over :-( Our top choice resort was awful...ugh...Dreams Puerto Adventura was not at all what it looks like on the pictures. We did really like Adventura Cove Palace, but it is pretty expensive. We are now considering the hotel that we actually stayed at for our trip haha go figure!
So, I am trying to figure out when to send out save the dates and invites...can you just send them together...or is it too soon? I want to give our guests as much info as possible right away so I thought maybe I would just send the invites now. Thoughts?
Hi! You can definitely send out both now. However, if you do not have all your information yet, you can do what I am doing. I am sending out a passport STD now, with the name of my resort, travel agent, passport info, flight options, etc, etc. Then, in about 4-5 months, I will send out a formal invitation with ALL my information (wedding weekend information, etc etc). You can also send out a wedding brochure to the people that RSVP from your STD's. It just depends how much time you are willing to invest in all this stuff! Hope this helps!!
Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:19 PM
- I'm pretty sure we're set on a place, just need to actually book it.
- We have our photographer booked. BDW's very own YaelM's hubby! I'm really excited!
- I made appts today for dressing shopping next weekend! Hopefully I'll find something or at least get a really good idea.
- We're finishing up the guest list this weekend so I can send out e-STDs within the next week. I had wanted to do postcards, but since we're so far out already, figured it would be a waste of money since I need to get going on invites soon.
- Have my website about done, just need to add a few more details so we can include it in the STDs.
Where is everyone else at in the planning?
Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:52 PM
Cassie- I love your inspiration board! Love the colors. We are going with white with hints magenta and turqoise.
Here is where we are at so far:
Wedding date: August 24th, 2010
Moon Palace , Cancun!
- My mother and I went dress shopping right away and found a very non traditional dress. The white dress was very hard for me because I LOVE color!
- Chose colors, as I said, white with hints of magenta and turqoise. But again, because I LOVE color.. I will probably add green and yellow
- We have ordered and received our STD's. I will have to post some pics soon. They turned out great! We went with postcards after finding them on Etsy. They are so cute and pretty. FI just loves them!
- We decided to start a blog on wordpress, rather than a wedding site, so that we can continue to update even after the wedding. I have to get all of our information on it before we send out the STD's. That will be my weekend project!
We have been so busy with our business that I can barely find time to fit everything into our busy schedule! We are the type of people that want to get everything done asap so its hard not getting it all done right away esp. since we are not in contact with our wedding coordinator yet! Ugh, drives me nuts but I need to learn to just let go. All the ladies have said wonderful things about Moon Palace so there is no reason to stress!
Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:21 PM
- Picked the location - Key West
- choose the hotel for my FI and I and several other options for anyone not wanting to pay as much for a hotel, haven't booked our room yet but will soon.
-My future mother-in-law owns time shares so she is working on booking those in Key West for a couple of our family members who may not have been able to afford a hotel room
-Ordered STD boarding passes
-After a week of tiring dress shopping over the holidays I finally found a dress that I both loved and could afford - I think it is perfectly beachy but still a little bit formal
- I won FREE photography from BDW own Nora BOhanon so that it taken care of
-found a wedding coordinator to handle all the details
-My colors right now are Pink and Brown with hints of green :-)
I think that is it so far. Only 7 months to go...I have a feeling it is gong to FLY BY!
One quick question about registering. I have created a honeymoon registry but was going to also do a traditional registry at places like Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. We don't need a whole lot of home stuff since we have combined two houses when we moved in together, but there are some things I would like. How soon should I register??
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users