Photo

How should I budget for a destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bethtamar

bethtamar
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:41 AM

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but I am wondering around how much resorts in Mexico charge per person for food and alcohol (a rough estimate is fine). I know in Los Angeles, a modest estimate is between $80 and $100 before service and tax. I am beginning to plan a budget and thought that might be a good place to start.
    Beth and Jason
    May 25, 2008
    Nuevo Vallarta

#2 saraece

saraece
    • 289 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

Search budget in here and you can find lots of posting of people's final budget. But as far a ball park figure you can get a wedding done for free at some resorts (included in your stay) or I have seen people pay $65 pp for diner only. Do you want a coctail hour, sit down, buffet....? Destination weddings are great because of all the options. Of course it may not make it any easier making a decision. Good luck planning!
      Like our first kiss all over again

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hey, we're getting married at Las Caletas and our per person price for food and liqour is $40/person

#4 Clussy75

Clussy75
        • 533 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

Your budget is going to be dependent on if you're staying at an all-inclusive resort or not, how many people going, wether you go with resort vendors or outside vendors, etc... We're having our wedding at an all-inclusive (Dreams Los Cabos) and each event (welcome dinner, wedding ceremony at Gazebo location, reception on Oceana Terrace) are costing $22 a person setup and that includes of course food and drinks for all (though if you want to upgrade to surf n' turf I believe it's something like $15-20 more per person). Do you have any more detail on where you plan on holding your wedding?
          Claudia & Sean
          11/11/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users