Sign in to follow this  
AllyCatta

Hello! La Zebra vs. Akiin in Tulum

Hello, all,

Thanks for welcoming me into this forum! I've read bits and pieces of this wonderful resource and am very happy to be a part of it.

I am getting married in Tulum on Wed, Dec 30th. My big decision now is whether to have my wedding at La Zebra or at Akiin. I've been to La Zebra and absolutely loved the vibe and atmosphere of the outside, but I've been reading so many wonderful things about Aikiin (where I've never been) and think that may be the better choice. Furthermore, my friend ate at La Zebra and said the food wasn't so hot. Also, we won't have exclusive use of the place like we would at Akiin. A friend of mine who lived in Tulum for a few months said that she thought Akiin was too "spread out" and that La Zebra was cozier.

I would welcome any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions any of you have on the La Zebra vs. Akiin debate. I've got to make this decision within a few days!

Thank you so much!

Ally

Congratulations Ally and welcome to the forums! All I can say about your decision... is go with your heart. People have all kinds of different experiences at the same place so you should do what you want to do. The grass always seems greener on the other side.... but its not.

Have fun and keep smiling.

Hi Ally,

It really depends on how many people you will have and what kind of atmosphere you want. I hear that the set up at Aki'in is beautiful. So if you want something intimate, maybe you should go there. However, if you have just a few people and want a big party La Zebra would get my vote.

Tough decision.... I wish I could help!

I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice here. The previous poster is right - go with your gut and what feels right. :)