Photo

Any resort recommendation in the Bahamas?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
  • Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

I am so glad to see this thread as well.  We have decided on a November wedding 2011 and definitely want to have it in Nassau.  I was completely sold on Sandals Royal Bahamian but I've got to tell you ladies I'm getting really nervous with the reviews I'm reading on trip advisor.  Any recomendations for other all inclusive resorts for Nassau would be so appreciated.  We're coming from Nova Scotia, Canada so we do not have a lot of options for cariers.  Air Canada and maybe West Jet would be the only providers.  I'll be watching this thread closely.

Thanks again.

Ginger

"He's my Lobster"

#12 md2002

md2002
    • 79 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

I am so glad to see this thread as well.  We have decided on a November wedding 2011 and definitely want to have it in Nassau.  I was completely sold on Sandals Royal Bahamian but I've got to tell you ladies I'm getting really nervous with the reviews I'm reading on trip advisor.  Any recomendations for other all inclusive resorts for Nassau would be so appreciated.  We're coming from Nova Scotia, Canada so we do not have a lot of options for cariers.  Air Canada and maybe West Jet would be the only providers.  I'll be watching this thread closely.

Thanks again.

Ginger

This is where we had our honeymoon and I wouldn't recommend it at all. If you want the full review let me know and I can try to find what I typed up. I pretty much go with the flow but all the little things started adding up and we got very annoying! That being said, you are on a tropical island at the beach so it's not too bad...

#13 JenArge

JenArge
      • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hello! I am getting married at Our Lucaya resort on grand bahama island. I have a thread here on my scouting trip in March. I give some reviews of 3 resorts on grand bahama that may help! Good luck on your decisions. It is very hard and I suggest first thinking of what you want for you and your guests (in regards to size, price, entertainment, travel costs etc). I'll let you know how it goes in exactly 6 months from today!!!

#14 loua4

loua4
        • 397 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hey everyone!

We just got back a few weeks ago from our wedding at the RIU on Paradise Island. It is so beautiful there and so great! I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going there and getting married there.

#15 Tina486

Tina486
          • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm thinking about having a wedding this year October. The more I research I'm getting confused. Did you guys hire a TA? Do you recommend them?

I'm debating between Sandals and Riu. I have about 40-50 guests and have a ring bearer and a flower girl. I just found out Sandals doesn't allow kids. Where does my guest stay if they have kids? I guess Riu will be better for us. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

#16 md2002

md2002
            • 79 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tina486 

I'm thinking about having a wedding this year October. The more I research I'm getting confused. Did you guys hire a TA? Do you recommend them?

I'm debating between Sandals and Riu. I have about 40-50 guests and have a ring bearer and a flower girl. I just found out Sandals doesn't allow kids. Where does my guest stay if they have kids? I guess Riu will be better for us. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

I had the same issue. I was told if guests are not staying at Sandals it would cost $100 per person to have them come to Sandals for the day.

#17 BahamasDJ

BahamasDJ
              • Banned
              • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

If you need options for The Bahamas or just ideas check out www.paradiseweddingsbahamas.com

and email them any questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users