Photo

Any resort recommendation in the Bahamas?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jennibak

jennibak
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

My fiance and I are currently looking into getting married in the Bahamas next summer. I am extremely overwhelmed by all of the options that are out there. I'm not quite sure where to start. Does anyone recommend a nice, yet affordable for guests all-inclusive resort?

Thanks!

#2 BahamasTourism

BahamasTourism
    • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

The Bahamas is great place for weddings. We are delighted that you have chosen our islands. There are quite a few wonderful all-inclusives in the Bahamas. On Nassau/Paradise Island there are: Paradise Island Harbour Resort, RIU, Breezes and Sandals and on Grand Bahama Island, which is also an all-inclusive island, there is Club Viva Fortuna as well as island-wide all-inclusive packages. You can find out more about these hotels from bahamas.com or by visiting the specific websites. Congratulations!!! We look forward to seeing you!

#3 bholthof

bholthof
      • Banned
      • 323 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:07 PM

I'm also looking at the Bahamas - and also overwhelmed!! Let me know what you decide.
        21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#4 montegobay09

montegobay09
        • 832 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

I'm travelling to the Bahamas in December and I believe we're staying at the Sandals Royal Bahamian. It looks amazing and the reviews are great so I really can't wait. If you havn't booked by then I'm sure I can do a little investigating for you! Let me know!

#5 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
          • 291 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

Our Lucaya on Grand Bahama is beautiful. I just got married there in May. It has an all-inclusive option and can fit any budget because it is jointly owned by Westin and Sheraton, rooms are the Sheraton are more budget friendly and Westin is a little more "luxury" for those that can spend more. We didn't need a fancy room since we were barely in it so we stayed in the Sheraton building and it was wonderful. The resort is LARGE and beautiful, I highly recommend it.

#6 BiminiBride

BiminiBride
            • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

I just got married at Bimini Bay Resort on the small 7-mile island of Bimini and it was exactly what I was looking for! The resort offers flexible packages and their extremely accomodating! I didn't want an overwhelming island like Nassau or Grand Bahama where my guests would get lost in the mix of tourists. In Bimini the guests zip around on golf carts, there's a fabulous local bar with live entertainment that everyone loved and the resort is just beyond words with beauty!

#7 georgoff

georgoff
              • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

how pricey is it? what about getting there?

#8 SMILES10

SMILES10
                • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

Bahamas is one of my top choices as well!! If I find anything out Ill be sure to let you know! It's so overwhelming trying to find the right resort!

#9 montegobay09

montegobay09
                  • 832 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

just booked my trip for December 19th so if you want me to do some investigating while i'm out there let me know!

#10 JenK

JenK
                    • 302 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

I'm starting to look into the Bahamas as well so thanks for all the ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users