| Originally Posted by MC Hicks |
On another note, I need your advice ladies. So, I've been working with the caterers on finding a private villa for our ceremony/reception. Long story short, the one they found is very beautiful, and since there was nothing else out there, I decided to go ahead and say yes to it. We were about to send in our deposit, but my mother had a little accident so it delayed us sending it. Meantime, I got a call back from another villa owner saying their place may be available. Now, I'm afraid to tell the caterers that we found another villa (which is bigger, on the beach, and exactly what I had envisioned) and will not be sending them money for theirs! We still want them to cater our wedding, but they have been so patient and understanding about my mother, etc.
I just don't want to piss them off! I feel so bad about this, but in the end, I want the other villa. We communicate by email, and I'm going to have to send one explaining what has happened. UGH, I dread this!
Do any of you think this is really bad of me? I plan to apologize profusely to them since they have been so nice. Any suggestions? I just hope they don't think I was lying about my mom, etc. So stressed about this!
Thanks for listening ladies!
Now, if they are affiliated with the villa you were going to place a deposit on, they might be a little choked. In which case, i would still email them about wanting to switch venues, and see what kind of vibe you get. If they're pissy, i would move on, but thank them nicely for all their help.
At the end of the day, you know you're not lying about your mom's situation, and that's really what counts. You can't help how other people perceive what you're saying, but you can control the outcome for your beautiful day.
Hope that helps!