Wedding dress HELP!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rhi4Matt

Rhi4Matt
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hi everyone
    I was hoping that people might be able to help me.

I HATE dresses! lol and getting married 1st Dec 09.

I have found a dress that is OK. TBH i dont think I will EVER find a dress that I LIKE!
    The thing is, the dress is ORANGE! They dont do white as it's in the Bridesmaid section. I dont think I could have orange as my dress!

The thing is, I cant seem to find that STYLE in white that is OK!

Here is the link to the dress: Monsoon Accessorize - Bridesmaid

Can anyone recommend other places to look? Preferably in UK

Many thanks!

#2 SDSteph

SDSteph
    • 812 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

Maybe this site..........Click the image to open in full size.

They have MANY MANY shops in the UK.

Good luck.
      Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#3 JOSIE

JOSIE
      • 1,792 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

can you explain why you don't like dresses or what your concern is? Then we might be able give you some good options!

#4 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

If you really hate dresses, don't wear one! :)
          What about a classy pant suit or something you're more comfortable in? It's your wedding, change the rules and have it your way!

#5 Rhi4Matt

Rhi4Matt
          • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hey everyone!

Im not a girly girl that likes dresses, skirts, wears makeup very often etc! Since the age of 4 I refused to wear dresses and the like!
            I did think about wearing a trouser suit but thought I would look a little odd! lol

My OH would love to see me in a dress and said that I only have to wear it for an hour or so, whereas he has to wear a ring for the rest of his life!! (he doesnt do jewelry) So we are both compromising!

But I think I have found 2 dresses that could work for me. Wouldnt have these colours tho! They are plain, simple and not too girly! lol

Dessy Bridesmaid Style 2721: The Dessy Group

After Six Bridesmaid Style 6554: The Dessy Group

What do you think?

#6 Carlitarenee

Carlitarenee
            • 248 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

I LOVE the After Six dress... its simple and gorgeous! Looks like there are lots of colors including white and you could even have a different trim color if you wanted. I think the most important thing is that whatever you wear you are comfortable in it and it makes you feel beautiful.

#7 SDSteph

SDSteph
              • 812 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

Great dresses and not to girly :P
                Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#8 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rhi4Matt
                  Hi everyone
                  I was hoping that people might be able to help me.

I HATE dresses! lol and getting married 1st Dec 09.

I have found a dress that is OK. TBH i dont think I will EVER find a dress that I LIKE!
                  The thing is, the dress is ORANGE! They dont do white as it's in the Bridesmaid section. I dont think I could have orange as my dress!

The thing is, I cant seem to find that STYLE in white that is OK!

Here is the link to the dress: Monsoon Accessorize - Bridesmaid

Can anyone recommend other places to look? Preferably in UK

Many thanks!

Hello !

First of all I must say that I LOVE LOVE Monsoon. It's one of my favourite shops and I buy the whole shop every time I get the chance to fly to UK (there's one in Gatwick airport, convenient !!!!).

Well, my question is, why don't you want an orange dress ? Honestly, the only important thing is that you like your dress. Do you know that Indian get married in red ? I recently went to a wedding where the bride was in brown. My sister in law got married in red. Another bride on this forum got married in Vegas in blue ! If you like this dress, go for it ! And have your BM wear white !

Now of course, if your mind is set on white... then why don't you try something different ? Like a white linen trousers suit ?

The rule in weddings in that - there are no rules ! Or better said : it's the brides rules You like the orange dress, orange it will be !

Have a look at this (more on colored bridal gowns) :

More on colored gowns Manolo for the Brides

or this :

Looking for a wedding dress of a different color

#9 Ayita

Ayita
                  • 861 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

Even Maggie Sottero makes colored gowns ! that's a reference !

colored bridal gowns : Splendicity - Fashion Advice - Beauty Tips - Style How To’s

Also found this article :

Colored Wedding Dresses - LoveToKnow Weddings

#10 hollym

hollym
                    • 62 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

December 1st is my birthday!
                      I agree that it would be ok to wear a colored dress. Especially for a DW!!! If you want to wear white, there are plenty of wedding dresses designed specifically for destination weddings. Light, airy and comfortable. You just have to keep searching. I know a girl who bought her dress from the prom section of a department store.
                      Good luck!!!
                      mattandhollytietheknot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users