Divorced and getting married at MLD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drextc

• 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Was wondering if anyone knows about the translation, noterization, certification process.

I know all the documents, Divorce Certificate, Affidavate of Single Status, but for the BIRTH CERTIFICATES.......are they the regular ones that everyone carries around or do they want the 'long form' done?

Also did anyone use a service other then the Cuban Consolate to have their documents translated and noterized? If so how much did it cost to get certified by the Consulate after all that was done?

Any other information regarding what has to be done if one person is divorced and getting re-married at Las Dunas or in CUBA in general would be greatly appreciated!!!!

#2 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Hey Drex-- okay, so I can't be too much help, but I found a couple links that I thought you might find helpful.

legal requiremets Marriage in Cuba-- Divorce Specifications Incl.

Cuban Embassy-- Married in Cuba
      Getting Married In Cuba

(This one isn't bang on, as getting married for the first time in Cuba requires only your passport-- but may be helpful in getting the ball rolling)

Travel Tips - GoCuba.ca - Cuba Tourist Board in Canada

This link seems to provide the most accurate outline for documents (which you mentioned you have) and also some contact numbers for the Cuban Consulate in TO-- they can likely let you know if they need the carryig card Birth Certificate, or the full documentation. My guess is that the carrying card would suffice... but that's totally off the top of my head.

Good Luck!

#3 Drextc

• 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the info!!

#4 AlexsBride

• 401 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

My Fiance is divorced and it seems like it gets a bit more confusing as far as legalities! Is this all done ahead of time with the help of your travel agent? And the birth certificate, it's the small card size one correct?
          Darn him for being married before!
          Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#5 krista_nf

• 39 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

My fiance is also divorced, and we are getting married at the Melia Varadero in April 2010. We had to first get his divorce certificate notarized by a lawyer here in Canada to say for sure it was legal. Next we mailed that and a money order for $400 to the Cuban Embassy here in Canada... that is for them to translate it to Spanish and to legalize it. We didn't have to get anything done with our birth certificates or passports, just have to take them with you. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users