ROR - Restaurants and Bars Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TandDJamaica09

TandDJamaica09
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hi!

I am trying to create an itinerary for my wedding on July 20, 2009 (yay almost here!) and I want to include locations for a couple of "informal" events. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from Chandlyn yet, so I turn to the experts!!! Can someone (anyone!) help with the following:

1) Where is a good bar to have an informal "welcome" cocktail hour at 4:00 on a Saturday? This would be two days at about before the wedding when all guests will have arrived.

2) Which bar should I suggest for the cocktail hour between my 4:00 beach gazebo ceremony, and my 6:30 dinner at Mamme Bay?

3) Is there a restaurant that would be good for a "farewell" brunch on Tuesday around 10?

You all have already helped me so much! I would never have been able to plan this wedding without the Jamaica (especially ROR) brides here!!!!

Thanks!

#2 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Dunns River bar was our favourite at night. Its over towards the mammee bay restaurant and the staff that work there are the best. Throughout the day we were usually at the pool bar which is connected and you can sit at tables too.

#3 m_willis22

m_willis22
      • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

we had a welcome dinner at st. ann's restaurant. this was free and chandlyn just had some tables pushed together for us. we had a group of 48. as for the bars, i don't remember what time they open, but we had a cocktail hour at the dunn's river bar from 3-5pm and it was just us, so i am not sure what time it opens, but it is after 5pm. it is available to have a private cocktail hour though.

#4 ames

ames
        • 150 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

thanks for bringing this up :)

#5 yumyum90

yumyum90
          • 183 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

I too am curious about a bar that people could go to after the 4pm ceremony. What do people do between that time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users