Photo

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#761 truffles5

truffles5
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

My fianc©e and I are getting hitched at GS on November 23! We are so excited and can't wait to hop on that plane!

#762 ashk

ashk
    • 100 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

We are booked through Transat vacations. We also keep running into all these extra little costs.

We booked our own photographers months ago, and I've just been informed that the resort will charge us a penalty for not using the resort photographer fotocaribbean, and an addititonal fee to bring in our own photographers. I have no problem paying for day passes for them, but the amount that I've been quoted seems outrageous, never mind the penalty.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#763 ashk

ashk
      • 100 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Also, they seem to have just "updated" their wedding packages for 2013 weddings.

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#764 truffles5

truffles5
        • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

What do the new '2013' packages include?

#765 NSinyerd

NSinyerd
          • 44 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Does anyone know if there are dress codes for the A La Carte restaurants? I thought I read it somewhere but want to be sure when notifiying my guests on important items to bring.

#766 NSinyerd

NSinyerd
            • 44 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Other items that I am including in my FAQS for my guests but can't find answers for:

1- Is there a tourist tax? Any idea how much this is and in what currency it must be paid?

2- How much is the norm for tipping? What currency should we tip in?

3- What currency should we take for shopping, excursions, and other items?

4- Is there anything in particular we should advise or guests about?

Thanks in advance!!

We are working on our wedding website now for our April 2013 GS wedding. I am getting really excited for it!

#767 ashk

ashk
              • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi NSinyerd,

1. There is a tourist tax, but according to my research it should be included in the price of your flight. You will get a tourist card to fill out on the plane, and you must keep it with you with your passport, and you have to give it back at Mx customs when you come home. There are fees to replace lost tourist cards, and not having one can cause unnecessary headaches. Make sure your guests know it's an important legal document.

As for the rest of your  questions, I'm curious to hear what others advise - I was under the impression that US dollars are preferred, or else Mx currency?

#768 Sarah Blackburn

Sarah Blackburn
                • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hey,

We're getting married at the GS in Jan/2013. We have our reception in the smaller palapa, does anyone have images of that?

#769 truffles5

truffles5
                  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

So else will be traveling to GS on November 17, and when is your wedding? Maybe we will see you there!

#770 sheenajokelly

sheenajokelly
                    • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

My party arrives on the 18th, and my wedding is the 22nd!!! Less than two weeks to go :) So excited!!!! Where are you from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users