Sign in to follow this  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose13 View Post
Have you guys run into any "extra" fees? I know in the package it says a dinner for the reception, but do they charge you extra if you want it to just be the wedding people (private I guess)?
If you are getting married at the Del Mar you can rent out the Tropical Restaurant (Open air restaurant) for $800. You can have dinner and your reception there for 4 hours. That is what we are planning on doing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
Sam,

I can't pull up the picture, when I google the designer and number I get nothing =( Do you have a picture?
hi

I have a picture on my phone so ill try and upload it. The other dress that im considering is by sottero & midgley - jodie ( destination style) have tried it on but now cant decide. We are not allow to take photos of dresses we try on untill we comit to buy even them some shops refuse - really helpfull !!!

CLARIFICATION on the Restaurants

My quesion

I am just looking for some clarification. On the 2010 packages it mentions the Italian Restaurant. I assume this is an A/C indoor restaurant.

Karla's Answer

Let me clarify:

The old Tropical restaurant (not a/C, outdoor restaurant) has now become the new Italian Restaurant “Don Alfredoâ€. For organizational reasons at the moment the Italian Restaurant is an air conditioned restaurant (at this moment, it is located at the Gourmet restaurant location), but it is intended to be move to the location where the Tropical (not air conditioned restaurant is located) used to be. I know it is kind of confusing. If the information is not clear, let me know… and I will try to be more specific, if I can.. hahahaha (hope so)

ok i got an email back finally. Even though the website says it now does not allow photographers (outside) they told me they do still just for that 300 dollar fee. They also said they have two packages now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
CLARIFICATION on the Restaurants

My quesion
I am just looking for some clarification. On the 2010 packages it mentions the Italian Restaurant. I assume this is an A/C indoor restaurant.

Karla's Answer
Let me clarify:

The old Tropical restaurant (not a/C, outdoor restaurant) has now become the new Italian Restaurant “Don Alfredoâ€. For organizational reasons at the moment the Italian Restaurant is an air conditioned restaurant (at this moment, it is located at the Gourmet restaurant location), but it is intended to be move to the location where the Tropical (not air conditioned restaurant is located) used to be. I know it is kind of confusing. If the information is not clear, let me know… and I will try to be more specific, if I can.. hahahaha (hope so)
Sounds like they are in the dark about as much as we are. I guess as long as they are willing to rent out the Tropical Restaurant still then it doesn't really matter. I'm personally not all that concerned about the menu.

The Tropical Restaurant is under a Palapa so it is like a big round restaurant. They use round tables and then the dance floor is in the center. If you look at the other Iberostar board some of the brides have links to their pictures and some have had their reception at the Tropical restaurant.

LDeeken,

I also just got a confirmation on maximum capacity. It's 100 for the outside Tropical/Italian. She(Karla) mentioned that I could include Chicken for those not meat/fish eaters.

All,

Attached is the picture of the Tropical/Italian private reception set up for a wedding.

REST. PRIVATE EVENT.pdf