Jump to content

Photo

Canadian groups with Sunquest


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 btn1091

btn1091
  • Jr. Member
  • 180 posts

    Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

    This has been a good thread...thank you!!

    #22 lscilley

    lscilley
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,466 posts

      Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

      I booked with Sunquest for my Nov 16th wedding in Punta Cana back last April. We are now getting told the flight out of Edmonton is sold out too not that bad since most of my group is booked already. There are like 6 people who didn't book but there is another flight leaving Calgary the same day so they will take that flight. But depature dates we just got ours we leave November 12th I couldn't believe they waited so long to get us that info. We had to go with Sunquest because it was the only one that offered our wedding hotel and our honeymoon hotel together in one trip! I hope everyone's issues get worked out and I hope I have no other bigger issues!

      #23 Sita&Nate

      Sita&Nate
      • Jr. Member
      • 349 posts

        Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:51 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Perplexy
        SMART SMART SMART!
        We booked in February for a May 2010 wedding, and the price for Toronto To Montego Bay IS high from booking so far ahead.

        Keep your eye out for good deals and book when you find them. I really wish I did the same thing. This recession is killing us, because we're locked into our prices. It's so cheap to travel now...if only we had just taken advantage of it! BLAST!
        Hi Perplexy,

        I have heard through the rumor mill and from various people that if the prices for the same trip goes down drastically, you should be able to renegotiate for that price--it would not hurt to try--check the prices later in the summer (when they are "contracted" and hopefully, firm) and talk with your travel agent...

        It is nice that you have booked ahead because that really marks the start to your planning process!! I haven't started to do *anything* yet other than peruse this forum like an obsessed maniac!! I tell myself once I book, it will be crunch time and time for serious dress shopping and wedding planning!

        #24 itsfinallyhere

        itsfinallyhere
        • Member
        • 573 posts

          Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:15 AM

          Iscillwy, my date twin. I knew you were out there, and couldn't wait to find you! hehehe.

          I booked with Nolitours. We booked in April, but recently the pricing has come out for other tour companies. Some are better some are worse. When I talked to my TA about this, She told me that in September when all info will be finalized we can do another price request and if there is a difference we will be able to get the lower price. They are willing to do this one time only. So She suggested waiting until closer to the date to do this request. As far as problems go, we wanted to fly out on the 11th and were told that was no problem and then they changed the flight dates and now it is Thursday. No big deal. Good Luck I hope everything works out. I am sure it will

          #25 Dmitri_Markine

          Dmitri_Markine
          • Vendor
          • 2,782 posts

            Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sita&Nate
            Hi Perplexy,

            I have heard through the rumor mill and from various people that if the prices for the same trip goes down drastically, you should be able to renegotiate for that price--it would not hurt to try--check the prices later in the summer (when they are "contracted" and hopefully, firm) and talk with your travel agent...

            Once you book, there's little to no chance of renegotiating your prices.
            Booking late gives you a price advantage,but certain dates/resorts may not be available anymore.
            Personally, I wouldn't book too-too far in advance for an off season wedding. Hotels are half empty and prices go down drastically 2-5 months prior to that. Popular destinations such as Varadero,Punta Cana,Cancun,etc will always have flights available.

            #26 AnnaC

            AnnaC
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

              With Sunquest if the price goes down you will not be able to get the discounted price. Nolitours and I think some others do this. Unfortunately, Sunquest is the only one which services RIU's in Jamaica so if you pick one you're stuck with them.

              #27 CherylMc

              CherylMc
              • Jr. Member
              • 211 posts

                Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

                Great thread! I booked back in March 2009 for our wedding Jan 2010 - we leave Ottawa Jan 10, 2010. My TA was telling us as of Friday if we booked 4 more people them my FI and I would go free (just pay taxes) so we ran around to the 'maybe" people and Monday booked them all. Then I get a call Tues from my TA and she says sorry the plane is FULL! WHAT?!?! I was very upset - why did she push when it was going to be full. Anyways they now have to go from Montreal - so drive there in January - and you all know Ottawa/Toronto and MTL dont have the best January weather! So make sure your TA tells you there is room left on the plane.

                #28 Perplexy

                Perplexy
                • Jr. Member
                • 207 posts

                  Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AnnaC
                  With Sunquest if the price goes down you will not be able to get the discounted price. Nolitours and I think some others do this. Unfortunately, Sunquest is the only one which services RIU's in Jamaica so if you pick one you're stuck with them.
                  Yep...we're learning that the hard way.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....4a37/event.png


                  ~Stay positive and love your life!~

                  #29 CanadianBride84

                  CanadianBride84
                  • Newbie
                  • 58 posts

                    Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

                    We also had the price going low on us. We booked in sept 08 for our wedding I. Nov. Lucky for us they did drop the taxes and let us switch from rmb to ror with no charge.

                    #30 LIW

                    LIW
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 197 posts

                      Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

                      I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. The same thing happened to me. We had originally booked with Air Transit, and a few moths after we booked they notified our TA that they were pushing our flight forward a week!

                      I told my TA that it was unacceptable, mostly because we had booked our own photographer and she couldn't go the following week because she had another wedding to shoot.

                      My TA was great and she was able to get us switched to Air Cand vacations for the same rate, which is great, because now we get the extra baggage allowance.

                      Talk to your TA and see what she can do, she might be able to switch tour operators for you.
                      http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

                      38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users