Sign in to follow this  
estella1007

Some people completely lack etiquette...

Too bad you already sent the invites otherwise i would let his side throw their own shower because they are being so difficult. I feel sorry for your friend, she's gotta deal with this for the rest of her life.

Wow that is so tacky! I'm sorry that you have been burdened with it but I like your idea of leaving a few openings for the non-RSVPers and whatever that is downright rude for the mom to be so uncooperative! I don't know if the bride has said it but I will...thank you for being so nice and taking care of her hot mess family!

Thank you guys for listening. Her sisters, mother, and I have been stressing over this for weeks. Hopefully they will get their sh*t together and pick up the damn phone. I know its stupid to be worried about paying the extra $, but when 95 people are sent an invitation, the difference between who may show and who actually shows can be huge! 50 favors vs 95 favors is a difference of $100 right there. Forget about doubling the food, adding the extra tableware, etc.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people no longer think it's necessary to RSVP which sucks! If I actually planned our AHR based on RSVPs, I'd probably cancel it due to lack of attendance, but I KNOW that most of the people we invited will come. Some of our closest friends haven't even RSVP'd. They just seem to think we'll expect them to show up. Oh well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloping789 View Post
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people no longer think it's necessary to RSVP which sucks! If I actually planned our AHR based on RSVPs, I'd probably cancel it due to lack of attendance, but I KNOW that most of the people we invited will come. Some of our closest friends haven't even RSVP'd. They just seem to think we'll expect them to show up. Oh well ...
Are you having trouble planning? Maybe I am making too much of this, but it seems like a big deal to me. My best friend and I planned our weddings a week apart, so her honeymoon would be my wedding. She has 3 kids, so there is no way she would have been able to have her honeymoon, then go away for my wedding within the same year. It has been hard on us both, since we need to pay for our own weddings, plus dresses to be in each others wedding. On top of that, I have her shower to pay for, the hotel the night of her wedding, hair and makeup for her wedding, etc. Thats why I think I'm so bent out of shape about it. Any other time i would say oh well if I spent extra. But at this point, a couple hundred dollars that gets wasted on the extra stuff is a pretty big deal.

Estella - it is a huge deal when that many people don't rsvp - you have every right to be pulling your hair out. I hope things are going better since your last post.

Thanks guys! Its so nice to have a safe place to vent. Unfortunately things actually got worse! The future MIL had it out with the groom yesterday and is threatening not to go to the wedding. Who know where that leaves us all with the shower now. I feel like the drama never stops. What a day...